BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2012 7:33 am  #1

Roleplay Practice

As promised, a little roleplay practice - especially for Shennanigans! We can start with text messages then move onto full paragraphs & descriptions.

---------------------------------------------------------------

What time are you home from work? I'm bored. -SH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2012 11:24 am  #2

Re: Roleplay Practice

What time are you home from work? I'm bored. -SH

I wouldn't exactly call my date with Katie "work". Home @ 22h00.
I take it you haven't heard back from the lab then? -JW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moriarty: "How hard do you find it? Having to say 'I don't know' ?"
Sherlock: "I don't know."
Moriarty: "Oh that's clever, that's very clever, awfully clever."

April 1, 2012 3:07 pm  #3

You never told me you were going on a date. What am I supposed to do till then? No news from the lab yet. All very dull. -SH

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2012 3:19 pm  #4

I assumed you had either deduced the date or snooped on my laptop again. Listen Sherlock, now that you have a bit of down time, it really wouldn't hurt you to clean up the fridge. It's anything but dull in there. -John

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2012 3:25 pm  #5

The fridge is fine. I'm cultivating mould for an experiment. It appears to be working. -SH

April 1, 2012 3:30 pm  #6

Fine, find something else to do then. Oh, and could that "something else" be something other than texting me? I'm on a date, remember? Turning off my mobile now. -John

April 1, 2012 4:05 pm  #7

Fine. Enjoy your date. Maybe you can make this one last a little longer than your previous wasted efforts. -SH

Sherlock pressed the send button before hurling his phone across the floor, then a devilish idea came into his mind. He got up off the sofa where he had been lying for the past two hours and made his way into John's bedroom. The top drawer of his bedside cabinet was locked, a recent attempt by John to hide his possessions from Sherlock's grasp. But Sherlock was never one to be put off by something so trivial as a lock. It took him only a couple of minutes and the use of a thin piece of wire to have it open and have his hands on John's laptop. Working out his new password would pass the time for a while, then he could move on to reading John's emails, something that always caused him much amusement. He chuckled to himself as he went back through to the living room and set up the computer at the desk.

April 1, 2012 5:22 pm  #8

John arrived home much earlier than planned... or hoped. Katie had sent him away with a verdict of "too pre-occupied to be good company." She'd been right, of course. Truth was, the thought of a bored, sulking Sherlock alone in the flat had him distracted all evening. In what state would 221B be in when he returned? How many chunks of wall missing? What kind of thing would be floating in the tub?

He opened the door and stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Sherlock typing away on his lap top with what could only be described as a "joyful" expression.

"Sherlock, what the bloody hell are you doing with my laptop?

April 1, 2012 7:06 pm  #9

Sherlock quickly slammed down the lid and flashed John an innocent little smile.

"Nothing. Passing the time."

He glanced at his watch.

"Home early I see. Another failure? What was it this time?"

April 1, 2012 7:43 pm  #10

"Never mind my failure. There's two things I want to know; How did you know where my laptop was and how did you figure out noneofyourbusiness was my password? And why didn't you take the hint?"

April 1, 2012 11:26 pm  #11

"Oh John," Sherlock smiled. "You really must try harder with your passwords. The last time you caught me with your laptop you said 'stop looking at my private things, it's none of your business'. And when I catch you installing a lock on the drawer of your bedside cabinet and you close the door in my face it's obvious you don't want me to see what you're about to hide in there. There's only two things you ever try to keep secret from me - your gun and your laptop. Either of those items would have been fun to find and as for your so called lock...again I repeat...must try harder."

Sherlock yawned and stretched in his seat.

"Yes thanks, I will have a cup of tea. How kind of you to offer."

April 2, 2012 1:18 am  #12

Mrs Hudson could hear that the boys were arguing with each other again and was loathe to interupt, but the man at the door just wouldn't take no for an answer. She hesitantly stepped onto the landing, almost colliding with John as he stormed out of the lounge room.

"Sherlock...there's a man downstairs, bit rough looking. He's been knocking for ages. I do wish you'd get the doorbell fixed."

Edit: Hope you don't mind me joining it. Haven't RPd for years.

Last edited by Wholocked (April 2, 2012 1:19 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 2, 2012 2:00 am  #13

*pauses RP in order to comment*

Hee! No, glad you joined in, Wholocked! This is too much fun! Our admin, Sherlock Holmes, had me giggling all day with her brilliant portrayal of Sherlock. :D

Thanks Sherlock!

April 2, 2012 2:06 am  #14

(( No probs. I do this quite a lot, it's highly addictive ))

"Well don't just stand there Mrs Hudson. Let him in."

Sherlock noticed that John was behaving rather strangely, and that rather than making the tea as had been suggested, he was attempting to slope off to his room.

"Where are you going?" Sherlock asked.

April 2, 2012 2:26 am  #15

Mrs Hudson glanced briefly at Sherlock and John and decided to absent herself before the fireworks started. She went back to the door and greeted the stranger.

"Hopkins, you said? Just go on up, he's expecting you"

She debated retreating to the safety of 221A, but her day had been full of mundane tasks and she decided to follow Hopkins upstairs to see what his story was.

((Now we need a Hopkins....))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 2, 2012 2:31 am  #16

John sighed. "I suppose it would be redundant for me to say none of your business? He turned back towards the landing and finally took notice of the stranger--a potential client, no doubt--standing there waiting for Sherlock to invite him in.

A new case, then? Good. It couldn't come soon enough.

Last edited by Shenanigans (April 2, 2012 2:31 am)

April 2, 2012 2:49 am  #17

((If no-one steps in as Hopkins before SH is back, I'll do him and sent Mrs Hudson to her room))

April 2, 2012 5:37 am  #18

*Hopkins knocks on the open door*

"Mr Holmes? DI Stanley Hopkins here. You helped me out with that Abbey Grange affair some time back.
We have a very delicate situation that I hope you can help with"

Hopkins saw the blank look on Sherlock's face & continued.

"It's an internal matter so we'd prefer having someone like you look into things. It seems we've misplaced some 'things' around The Yard lately. Have you heard anything of this?"

Last edited by kazza474 (April 2, 2012 5:37 am)

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

April 2, 2012 5:59 am  #19

((so glad someone jumped in who knew the Hopkins reference, Kaz!))

April 2, 2012 8:03 am  #20

"Nope," Sherlock shrugged. "But typical of the police to lose things, especially things of importance which I presume these must be otherwise you wouldn't be here. John, now might be a good time to make that tea you promised. Will you join us for a cup Inspector?"

Sherlock stood up from the table and retied the belt of his dressing gown. He told himself not to get too exicted until he'd heard the particulars but he couldn't help notice his heart beating a little faster none the less.

"Please," he continued. "Have a seat. Tell me more." He indicated to one of the armchairs and he took the other one, throwing his legs over the arm of it and lying back with his eyes closed.

Board footera