BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 1, 2012 7:28 am  #1

Which episode are you watching next?

Which Sherlock episode will you be watching next or what have you watched recently?

Tonight we're watching A Scandal In Belgravia! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 1, 2012 7:44 am  #2

Re: Which episode are you watching next?

I still need to find the lucky cat in scandal so will probably watch that again :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 1, 2012 7:59 am  #3

Is it definitely a lucky cat then? Will keep my eyes open!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2012 9:30 am  #4

I'm watching The Reichenbach Fall tonight 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 1, 2012 10:12 am  #5

Irene_Adler wrote:

April 1, 2012 11:08 am  #6

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Yeah, I know... 
But anyway, I think it's one of the best pieces of tv I've seen in my whole life; magnificently done in every aspect. Even though it's heartbreaking at so many levels.
I don't know if I have mentioned it yet, but apart from all the theories and puzzles, I find this episode to be an amazing study in character development and, of course, Martin  and Benedict are absolutely awesome in every scene. If they don't get their BAFTAS this year (both of them) I'll get really angry 

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 1, 2012 11:09 am  #7

Wholocked wrote:

I still need to find the lucky cat in scandal so will probably watch that again :-)

Not necessarily. The question was phrased "where does an item from the store appear" so my not be a cat. I only remember the cats and the tea cups from the store, saw neither, so will now need to go back to the scene in the store lol.

Great questions btw Kazza.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 1, 2012 3:08 pm  #8

Irene_Adler wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Irene_Adler wrote:

Yeah, I know... 
But anyway, I think it's one of the best pieces of tv I've seen in my whole life; magnificently done in every aspect. Even though it's heartbreaking at so many levels.
I don't know if I have mentioned it yet, but apart from all the theories and puzzles, I find this episode to be an amazing study in character development and, of course, Martin  and Benedict are absolutely awesome in every scene. If they don't get their BAFTAS this year (both of them) I'll get really angry 

Definitely an amazing piece of television! It was this episode that truly got me "sherlocked", but to me it gets more emotional the more times I watch it! I can barely watch the pre-credits scene with John at the psychiatrist...I skip past that part quite a lot!

April 1, 2012 4:15 pm  #9

Wholocked wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

Not necessarily. The question was phrased "where does an item from the store appear" so my not be a cat. I only remember the cats and the tea cups from the store, saw neither, so will now need to go back to the scene in the store lol.

Great questions btw Kazza.

Just finished watching Scandal.
And: Oh – I think I’ve spotted it!
It’s one of the figures in the shop, isn’t it?
It’s located in 221B. In the Christmas scene it stands in a shelf left of the fireplace (from viewer’s point); later, when Irene’s in Sherlock’s blue dressing gown, we can see it on the right side of  the mantelpiece.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 1, 2012 11:16 pm  #10

None Gil I get back to the UK unless it's on Canadian TV in the next week or so.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 3, 2012 7:05 pm  #11

I'm starting at the beginning for the third time. I'm going to try and pay more attention to the details this time around -- it seems like every time I watch the show again, I pick up on new things to take away and ponder (ponder = obsess over, haha). I'll probably watch A Study in Pink tonight, if I have time.

I don't know if I can watch The Reichenbach Fall again though. The first time was okay, because I didn't realize how heart-breaking it was going to be. The second time was excruciating, knowing what was coming and knowing how Sherlock's death would affect John. I'm worried that the third time might actually kill me. X( Haha, I'll just have to force myself to watch it. Can't skip an episode, especially one as amazing as that. Plus, I want to analyze the scene when Sherlock jumps -- see if I can find any clues. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 3, 2012 7:28 pm  #12

I can assure you: It's getting better and less devastating with every rewatching. After having watched Reichenbach for about the eighths time (back in January that was...) I even didn't feel the urge then of throwing things against my TV screen any longer...
Successful clue-finding and be brave be brave be brave!

Remember, you are not alone!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 3, 2012 8:47 pm  #13

42_and_221B wrote:

I don't know if I can watch The Reichenbach Fall again though. The first time was okay, because I didn't realize how heart-breaking it was going to be. The second time was excruciating, knowing what was coming and knowing how Sherlock's death would affect John. I'm worried that the third time might actually kill me. X( Haha, I'll just have to force myself to watch it. Can't skip an episode, especially one as amazing as that. Plus, I want to analyze the scene when Sherlock jumps -- see if I can find any clues. ;)

I totally know what you mean!! For me it seems to get more traumatic every time I watch it. I seriously find it hard just to get past the first scene.

April 3, 2012 11:35 pm  #14

Currently watching A Study in Pink now! :D

@tobeornot221b I'm glad that it's gotten better for you. I'm honestly not sure if it ever will for me... But at least I know there's hope now! ;D

@Sherlock Holmes Yeah, the first scene is the second worst (obviously, the absolute worst being... you know). And by worst, I obviously mean heart-wrenching and tear-inducing. ;P Even just thinking about it... makes me have this horrible cold, tight feeling in my heart. x(

I'm trying, really trying to be more observant and all while watching ASiP right now... But I haven't seen any episodes in so long (weeelllll, I say long... probably only a few months. But I'm sure that you will agree that it IS long for a Sherlockian!) that just seeing Sherlock and John again and hearing their voices is distracting me. Ugh. I must be STRONG! Haha, we'll see how that turns out... ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T PANIC

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - A.C. Doyle

April 4, 2012 5:10 am  #15

You're lucky I still throw things when I watch that episode.....
And I have watched it about 15 timess...
It doesn't get any easier :'(

:'D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you eliminate the impossible,
What every remains,
However improbable,...
Must be the truth !

April 4, 2012 5:16 am  #16

This shows the effect of a brilliant script writer plus equally brilliant actors , photographers and musical score writers.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 13, 2012 11:38 am  #17

I agree, the last episode is most heartbreaking.  I shed seven tears when I watched the Reichenbach Falls episode.  I think I'll go back and watch it again.  Maybe it will be different the 2nd time!

April 13, 2012 12:03 pm  #18

I loved the last episode. It was really sad but that's why I loved it so much. Well of course EVERY episode is amazing. Definitely my favrouite show of all time!

I am desperate to watch any but I can't find any repeats. I'm not aloud to buy the box set because I'm getting them both for Christmas and that's months away! =/ does anyone know when they'll re-air them on U.K T.V? =/

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 13, 2012 12:22 pm  #19

Well, I guess we should feel sorry for those poor folks in America!  If they want to join in the fun, all they have are 30-second Youtube clips to go sleuthing with.  Lol!  I bet they can't wait to buy their DVDs either.  I think May or June?

April 13, 2012 12:45 pm  #20

Yes! I do, I wish they was a daily slot on BBC (and BBC international e.g America!) so we will always have an episode ready! Don't they get it on BBC america and the likes?

- Y.S.H

DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

Board footera