BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 28, 2012 10:47 pm  #21

Re: August: Osage County

SusiGo wrote:

I didn't stalk him. Or do you think I took that picture? If only. 

I know, maybe I just don't manage anymore to express myself clearly today. It was just that "first photo on the set of the new film".
However, I just checked on imdb and noticed there is much to come for us next year..... If I weren't so tired I would jump.
And, yes, it would be just great if it would be the "natural Ben" on the screen again in AOC. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 28, 2012 11:37 pm  #22

Sam wrote:

Very interested to hear his American accent as well If it's a Southern accent...oh god. I don't care for the American accent but Southern is the worst - no offense if anyone has one.

We Americans can hear that we actually have several major accents-- not sure if anyone else in the world can hear that or not. Southern covers a whole lot of territory that actually has distinctly different accents-- Virginia and the Carolinas, Georgia, 'Bama, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky and Tennessee and Mississippi and the New Orleans area, for instance, all have distinctive cadences. Only we non-southerners would lump them together.

September 29, 2012 2:03 am  #23

I know there are different ones but they all sound just as bad to me, lol! Oklahoma happens to be on the thicker side (in my opinion) and that's where the movie takes place, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 29, 2012 7:43 am  #24

More set pics:
(sometimes I'm quite amused by the names of some blogs. This tumblr-page is called youwreckedmecumberbatch...)

The third one could be nice for another Capture Competition  lol

September 29, 2012 7:47 am  #25

Mattlocked wrote:

More set pics:
(sometimes I'm quite amused by the names of some blogs. This tumblr-page is called youwreckedmecumberbatch...)
The third one could be nice for another Capture Competition  lol

I'm curious about who took these pictures! See, girls, this is what we're missing by not living in NE Oklahoma, lol.

September 29, 2012 7:58 am  #26

Very cool wall painting there.

Yeeeeah, what exactly IS going on in that third pic?

September 29, 2012 8:33 am  #27

Love those pics.  And the hair. And the way he's looking at her whatever …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 29, 2012 10:00 am  #28

Oh God that outfit

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

September 29, 2012 12:30 pm  #29

Loving the hair 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 29, 2012 1:52 pm  #30

Sam wrote:

Yeeeeah, what exactly IS going on in that third pic?

His assistant is scuttling along in front of him, rushing to open his trailer door for him. I think that's what assistants do for Big Stars.

Ben must be in culture shock in that locale. Seriously. It's beautiful there, in a stark, American Western way. Native American this and that everywhere (like that dramatic Indian mural behind them). People are friendly and polite and also wary and suspicious of strangers, weirdos, "long hairs" and people who talk too fast and have funny accents, lol.

September 29, 2012 1:54 pm  #31

hepzibah wrote:

Loving the hair 

I know, huh? Almost Sherlock hair! Yayyy! And none of that unfortunate blond thing so many directors have done to him recently.

He looks hot and wrinkled, lol. I imagine it's 90 degrees in the shade there (his assistant gal is dressed in shorts and sleeveless top, so...)--- what a difference from his sharply-dressed Sherlock duds, huh?

September 29, 2012 2:03 pm  #32

Maybe he likes the look of the trainers? Or the legs attached?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 29, 2012 2:10 pm  #33

Davina wrote:

Maybe he likes the look of the trainers? Or the legs attached?

He's not looking at her-- the eyes seem to be pointed at the ground someplace to her right a bit. Prolly what he's thinking is-- oh, god, I can get into the air conditioning for a few minutes and get this blasted tie off!

September 29, 2012 2:30 pm  #34

ancientsgate wrote:

He's not looking at her-- the eyes seem to be pointed at the ground someplace to her right a bit. Prolly what he's thinking is-- oh, god, I can get into the air conditioning for a few minutes and get this blasted tie off!

Agree. 

October 3, 2012 12:42 pm  #35

Link to photos from the set. I also have them on my Pinterest board for those who follow me 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mechanic/sets/72157631649346755/

Last edited by hepzibah (October 3, 2012 12:43 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

October 4, 2012 10:23 pm  #36

Just a quick plane ride and I could get a glimpse of Ben and Ewan *sigh*

October 7, 2012 4:34 pm  #37

Apparently he's back on set at the end of the month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 30, 2012 2:43 pm  #38

For those of us thinking of jumping on a plane to Oklahoma, some words of advice.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=283&articleid=20121026_283_D1_CUTLIN714987

There is a link part way through the article to take you to other stories related to the movie.

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

October 30, 2012 7:58 pm  #39

I'm sure the actors appreciate that, haha

October 30, 2012 9:03 pm  #40

hepzibah wrote:

For those of us thinking of jumping on a plane to Oklahoma, some words of advice.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=283&articleid=20121026_283_D1_CUTLIN714987

From the article <<My advice: Forget about crashing the set. It's not going to happen. It's private property in a rural area, with transport on a road that has been shut down to protect the privacy of the current homeowners - the production company>>>

I suppose we could dude up like a bunch of Army Rangers, all in black, with night vision goggles, stealth our way onto the property and then prowl around looking in the windows. Oh, wait a minute. Maybe I've seen too many movies....

Board footera