BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2012 9:07 pm  #1

FOR THE GERMAN MEMBERS: Sherlock Holmes & the Seven Dwarfs (in German)

If any of you would care to share what the heck this is all about, it would be much appreciated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 27, 2012 9:20 pm  #2

Re: FOR THE GERMAN MEMBERS: Sherlock Holmes & the Seven Dwarfs (in German)

This seems to be an old children's series from East German television. The old man is a sort of detective investigating in the fairy-tale kingdom. It is said to be the most lavish production of East Germans children's television and was awarded the "Golden sparrow" whatever that was. The dwarves tell Holmes that Snow White has disappeared and that they want him to take on the case. I've never heard of this series but I grew up in West Germany and we didn't have much "DDR" television over here.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 27, 2012 9:33 pm  #3

Re: FOR THE GERMAN MEMBERS: Sherlock Holmes & the Seven Dwarfs (in German)

Well..That's different! I loved the way he went down through the throne, I mean chair, as you wouldn't have a throne in the DDR really would you now!

It reminds me a bit of a programme we had many. Many years ago called 'Tales From Europe' which was basically various stories made in European countries, some were very, very weird frankly. They were dubbed, badly, into English; that said I watched them avidly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera