BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2012 12:10 am  #21

Re: The Hobbit- update release dates etc.

From all accounts Smaug is unlikely to show up in the first film

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 18, 2012 5:20 pm  #22

I can wait for Smaug's appearance.  He isn't the main attraction for me in this at all.  This one belongs to Martin.  While I love Ben, I don't want his box office sex appeal to overshadow what I expect will be a brilliant performance by Martin. Just the glimpses from the trailers - ears, feet and all - he looks adorable - sweet and vulnerable. I expect he will be amazing throughout and I hope he gets all the recognition he deserves. He's one fine actor. (Oh lord - I sound like Sherlock in "Performance in a Leading Role", don't I, AG?  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 18, 2012 5:39 pm  #23

I don't think his box-office sex appeal will ransfer easily to a character that is a dragon. Martin will, I am sure, be amazing. I cannot wait!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 19, 2012 12:11 am  #24

Wholocked wrote:

From all accounts Smaug is unlikely to show up in the first film

I know I just want to see what the dragon looks like already, I'm so curious.

Defo Martin's film, I'm so excited for him! He's gonna be so good. I'm going to the midnight premiere - can't wait.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 19, 2012 3:04 am  #25

I'm going to the midnight showing too, Sam -- maybe we could meet in -- oh, say Colorado? -- and see it together!

September 19, 2012 5:20 am  #26

^ Ah yes, meet in the middle, good idea

September 19, 2012 6:23 pm  #27

Martin is soo cute in the new trailer haha.

thehobbit.com

September 19, 2012 6:50 pm  #28

This link should take you to the exact page and the YouTube trailer.

www.the-hobbit-movie.com/2012/09/19/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-trailer-2/

My only other comment is: wow! What a cast!

Last edited by Davina (September 19, 2012 6:50 pm)

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 19, 2012 11:17 pm  #29

I wasn't sure how much of Martin I see in Bilbo, but the new trailer blew me away - too much dwarven comedy but Bilbo is quite believable!

September 20, 2012 12:50 am  #30

The trailer looks AWESOME! I can't wait. And I love Aidan Turner too, can't wait to see him as a dwarf!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 22, 2012 5:47 pm  #31

Do you like this picture ?

ça fait drôle to see Martin Freeman play The Hobbit, I don't arrive to think that he played John Watson...

Last edited by Emy Klevers (September 22, 2012 5:50 pm)

September 22, 2012 6:48 pm  #32

That is very nice -- somewhat akin to Frodo's heroic hobbit look from LotR promotions, but decidedly more BAMF!  Definitely a cool poster -- and also the first time I've seen the official credits.  I'm pleased to see that Freeman is nicely positioned, preceded by McKellen (which is only to be expected), but no one else.

Thank you, Emy!

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (September 22, 2012 7:09 pm)

September 22, 2012 6:51 pm  #33

You are welcome !
I found this picture on twitter ! 

September 23, 2012 2:09 am  #34

A hobbit and the term BAMF in the same discussion thread.. I shall steel my nerves for what will happen once Smaug enters the equation! lol.

September 24, 2012 4:26 am  #35

The vid link above has been deleted due to copyright thing.   I  did see it  long ago,  tho--  and what a trailer!!  I'm  curious to know ---did Bilbo have a long list  of something in his hand?    I  am  reading the book now and am halfway through it--- But I don't remember the list.   And,  where and when will the first movie end?  Anyone know?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 24, 2012 4:50 am  #36

I haven't seen the new trailer yet (we're on a dial-up internet connection), but if that scene is at Bag End, it's probably the contract that the dwarves want Bilbo to sign before they start out.  (I don't believe it's in the book.)  Does it look like this?

September 24, 2012 5:06 pm  #37

yes  that's the scene exactly.  I'm 2 thirds in the book....I  did not read it in the book.   thank you!!   Has anyone else seen other versions of the Hobbit movie?  Oh   and I love the jacket Martin is wearing in the poster.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (September 24, 2012 5:09 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 24, 2012 6:32 pm  #38

I remember watching the animated one as a child. It was creepy then! I haven't watched it since so I barely remember it.

September 27, 2012 4:50 pm  #39

sherlockskitty, I've had another look at the book, and I believe that the basic idea of the contract came from the two-paragraph note that the dwarves leave on Bilbo's mantelpiece at the beginning of Chapter 2.

Thanks for your take on the animated Hobbit, Sam -- considering the state of the animation "art" at the time, I didn't bother seeing it (even though I love Orson Bean's voice), and am just as glad to know that I apparently didn't miss anything!

September 27, 2012 5:08 pm  #40

The new Hobbit film will be the 65th Royal Film Performance screening to members of the Royal Family and possibly The Queen on December 12th 2012 in London.

Last edited by Davina (September 27, 2012 5:09 pm)

Board footera