BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2012 11:00 pm  #1

Was Moriarty involved?

At the end when the main woman gets assasinated, she's talking to someone on the computer who signs their name "M" at the end of each sentence...are we to assume this is M for Moriarty? If so, he really does get about doesn't he?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 17, 2012 4:40 am  #2

Re: Was Moriarty involved?

I believe that was the assumption they were looking for.
Oh yes, he was 'big' in the original so probably has a far reaching affect here too.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 3, 2012 10:29 pm  #3

Absolutely I think it was Moriarty.  What clinched it for me was the laser sight on Shan's forehead, just like in TGG.  It sets up the knowledge for the audience that Moriarty is not afraid to have someone killed that way.  Then, when we see similar scenes in the next episode, there's already a frisson of fear and expectation because we know he's done it once before.  And that was to a criminal colleague, so to have Sherlock and John, his enemies, killed that way could only be easier for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

September 25, 2012 2:01 am  #4

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Absolutely I think it was Moriarty.  What clinched it for me was the laser sight on Shan's forehead, just like in TGG.  It sets up the knowledge for the audience that Moriarty is not afraid to have someone killed that way.  Then, when we see similar scenes in the next episode, there's already a frisson of fear and expectation because we know he's done it once before.  And that was to a criminal colleague, so to have Sherlock and John, his enemies, killed that way could only be easier for him.

Absolutely. I believe "the fall" started from Episode 1 onward, that Sherlock had somehow captured Moriarty's attention and he had decided to go after him. I think from the very moment the cabbie uttered Moriarty's name, alarm bells went off in Sherlock by intuition. I think also the matter caught his brother's attention.

September 25, 2012 7:45 pm  #5

Yup, definitely him.

I think Moftiss at one point said something along the lines of Moriarty following Sherlock's work for a while but just started to "come out and play" starting in ASiP.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 26, 2012 1:16 am  #6

One reason I liked Hounds was that it showed Sherlock working on a non-Moriarty case. And out in the country. It was a nice change, although London is the place to be.

Board footera