BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2012 1:10 pm  #921

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

The striped one reminds me of someone. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2012 1:16 pm  #922

SusiGo wrote:

Doesn't it? And how lovely it would be if he were suddenly standing in your window looking in with those puppydog eyes! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 25, 2012 1:20 pm  #923

No problem as I'm living on the ground floor. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2012 1:47 pm  #924

SusiGo wrote:

No problem as I'm living on the ground floor. 

How many times will you catch yourself glancing at the window today? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 25, 2012 1:48 pm  #925

Wholocked wrote:

Annnnnnnnnnd maybe a little of this too...

weird.....  *shiver*

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 25, 2012 1:52 pm  #926

NW16XE: More often than you can possibly imagine. 

The eyes … the eyes … *lost for words*

September 25, 2012 8:32 pm  #927

Time for another one:

September 25, 2012 9:28 pm  #928

Wholocked wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

John? John! You are AMAZING! You are FANTASTIC!

I love that part.  He totally learned how to give compliments from John; both of those are things John says regularly to Sherly.  Then he goes and cals him a "conductor of genius" or something... lol!  Well, he tried.

And one of the few times in the BBC production where Sherlock is actually trotting along in John's wake, instead of vice versa.  Wonderful to see that, to see his dependance on John and maybe the fact that he's at least momentarily woken up to the fact that John just might not always be there to belittle, insult and use. Food for thought, dear Sherlock-- wake up and see what (who) you have right under your nose! Somebody amazing and fantastic!

September 25, 2012 9:31 pm  #929

Wholocked wrote:

I looked it up. It's from The Hound of the Baskervilles, apparently

"Really, Watson, you excel yourself," said Holmes, pushing back his chair and lighting a cigarette. "I am bound to say that in all the accounts which you have been so good as to give of my own small achievements you have habitually underrated your own abilities. It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it. I confess, my dear fellow, that I am very much in your debt."

Sound familiar?

Gorgeous words. That ACD had a way with 'em, lol.

I would add that some folks who are not geniuses might not just stimulate light, they are also appreciators of the light-- not everyone is! Those who make rainbows need rainbow-watchers and -appreciators to make all the work of creation worthwhile.

September 25, 2012 9:32 pm  #930

NW16XE wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Doesn't it? And how lovely it would be if he were suddenly standing in your window looking in with those puppydog eyes! 

A peeping tom or stalker who looked like him? Well, he'd be fun to look at while I called the cops, anyway. lolololol

September 25, 2012 11:02 pm  #931

ancientsgate wrote:

Wholocked wrote:

I looked it up. It's from The Hound of the Baskervilles, apparently

"Really, Watson, you excel yourself," said Holmes, pushing back his chair and lighting a cigarette. "I am bound to say that in all the accounts which you have been so good as to give of my own small achievements you have habitually underrated your own abilities. It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it. I confess, my dear fellow, that I am very much in your debt."

Sound familiar?

Gorgeous words. That ACD had a way with 'em, lol.

I would add that some folks who are not geniuses might not just stimulate light, they are also appreciators of the light-- not everyone is! Those who make rainbows need rainbow-watchers and -appreciators to make all the work of creation worthwhile.

Reminds me of Sherlock's speech about how genius needs an audience... hehe.

And I love the pic at the Emmys!  They're precious.

September 26, 2012 1:36 am  #932

ancientsgate wrote:

sherlockedkt wrote:

Found this one of the Cumberneck on Tumblr...

Ladies, I think I have a problem.  Is there a twelve-step program for Benaddiction?

Beautiful. Bee-yoo-tee-full. Baby!batch.

If there's a 12 step program, I don't wanna go. I am happily addicted.

You'd need a "Cumberpatch" to get over it.

September 26, 2012 2:28 am  #933

Mattlocked wrote:

It would be nice if you'd discuss Parade's End topics in the Parade's End thread.
That's the one I'm avoiding these days because of possible spoilers as I didn't watch the last episode, yet.
I stopped reading here after hep's question, too. 

Oh Britta, I didn't even think of that, so sorry, I hope you weren't "spoiled" too much. Can we just blame the picture, please? I was just so overwhelmed by the mental pics it conjured up, I went off into my own little world. LOL I bet you went there too 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

September 26, 2012 7:41 am  #934

No comment. 

September 26, 2012 8:10 am  #935

Hep, meanwhile I even found slightly different pictures *cough*; almost impossible to avoid meanwhile; tonight I will finally watch the last episode.  All fine!

Susi, I can hear it.......

September 26, 2012 9:18 am  #936

Drop-dead gorgeous.

September 26, 2012 10:56 am  #937

I like this one, just because of the situation

September 26, 2012 10:57 am  #938

Wonder what he's been thinking? I'd go totally crazy: "That's me up there, just look, that's me!" 

September 26, 2012 11:12 am  #939

Just had to think: What if YOU standing there and seeing HIM on the screen.... "Where, where, WHERE??"  LOL

September 26, 2012 11:15 am  #940

I guess it would be quite embarrassing, fangirling like that.  . But not as bad (or good) as standing opposite him in the street or wherever. 

Board footera