BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2012 9:10 pm  #901

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Mattlocked wrote:

Susi, you might want to put that cup back in your saucer now.

Does she have the same expression as the head honcho Bank of England guy in TRF, when he saw his vault sliding open, unbidden?  lolololol

September 24, 2012 9:31 pm  #902

AG, this is clearly insulting. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 24, 2012 9:34 pm  #903

SusiGo wrote:

AG, this is clearly insulting. 

Well, I know you've got to be a whole heckuva lot better looking than that banker guy, lol. But I sat here and smiled, just thinking about your mouth hanging open, looking at a computer screen, with the tea pouring into your lap. Some of these photos and stills do have that affect on us.... to say the least.

September 24, 2012 9:39 pm  #904

Yes, okay, I guess I looked a bit gaga. And now I imagine the same picture with dark hair and curls … should go to bed … IF I can sleep now, that is. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 25, 2012 12:27 am  #905

May I submit for your approval, Cumberhands, from some screencaps I took while I was at work...

September 25, 2012 12:29 am  #906

sherlockedkt wrote:

May I submit for your approval, Cumberhands, from some screencaps I took while I was at work...

So pretty. Love this BORED pose. Bored!

September 25, 2012 12:31 am  #907

Also, Sherlock looking at John gives me warm fuzzies. 

"I don't have friends.  I've just got one."

September 25, 2012 12:44 am  #908

sherlockedkt wrote:

Also, Sherlock looking at John gives me warm fuzzies. 

"I don't have friends.  I've just got one."

John? John! You are AMAZING! You are FANTASTIC!

September 25, 2012 12:55 am  #909

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, okay, I guess I looked a bit gaga. And now I imagine the same picture with dark hair and curls … should go to bed … IF I can sleep now, that is. 

That pic and dark curls...*sigh*. Anyone here any good with Photoshop? 

Sweet dreams, Susi! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 25, 2012 2:15 am  #910

ancientsgate wrote:

I love that part.  He totally learned how to give compliments from John; both of those are things John says regularly to Sherly.  Then he goes and cals him a "conductor of genius" or something... lol!  Well, he tried.

September 25, 2012 2:22 am  #911

Found this one of the Cumberneck on Tumblr...

Ladies, I think I have a problem.  Is there a twelve-step program for Benaddiction?

September 25, 2012 3:01 am  #912

sherlockedkt wrote:

Found this one of the Cumberneck on Tumblr...

Ladies, I think I have a problem.  Is there a twelve-step program for Benaddiction?

Beautiful. Bee-yoo-tee-full. Baby!batch.

If there's a 12 step program, I don't wanna go. I am happily addicted.

September 25, 2012 6:06 am  #913

What a way to start the morning. Hands and smile and warm fuzzies 

September 25, 2012 9:48 am  #914

sherlockedkt wrote:

I love that part.  He totally learned how to give compliments from John; both of those are things John says regularly to Sherly.  Then he goes and cals him a "conductor of genius" or something... lol!  Well, he tried.

Oh, now I realise it as well, LOL

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 25, 2012 12:05 pm  #915

sherlockedkt wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

That sequence of lines about John being a conductor of genius is virtually straight out of the canon. There's a section where Holmes says almost exactly those things to Watson. I wish I could remember where it was from ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 25, 2012 12:16 pm  #916

It is from The Great Agra Treasure. He refers to Watson as a conductor of light.

Last edited by Davina (September 25, 2012 12:16 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 25, 2012 12:21 pm  #917

I looked it up. It's from The Hound of the Baskervilles, apparently

"Really, Watson, you excel yourself," said Holmes, pushing back his chair and lighting a cigarette. "I am bound to say that in all the accounts which you have been so good as to give of my own small achievements you have habitually underrated your own abilities. It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it. I confess, my dear fellow, that I am very much in your debt."

Sound familiar?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 25, 2012 12:23 pm  #918

Oh and because we're way off course here...

September 25, 2012 12:24 pm  #919

Annnnnnnnnnd maybe a little of this too...

September 25, 2012 1:08 pm  #920

I'll play, too. It is now jumper weather where I am; here are two of my favourite jumpers:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

Board footera