BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2012 11:16 am  #841

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Davina wrote:

He did try to eat himself into the part of Christopher straight after having slimmed right down for the part of Sherlock. He just couldn't pack enough pounds on though.

I read somewhere he was told (about gaining for the role), well fine, to a point-- but you're the leading man, don't lose the cheekbones! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 23, 2012 11:26 am  #842

sherlockedkt wrote:

Found this one of him with his natural hair color plus curls.  Lovely!

Makes me somehow think of ... Harpo Marx 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2012 11:51 am  #843

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sad but true! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 23, 2012 12:18 pm  #844

sherlockedkt wrote:

Found this one of him with his natural hair color plus curls.

Unfortunately definitely not his real hair colour as already mentioned - this particular blonde is caused by a chemical decoularant (not bleach) that leeches all colour (natural and chemical) out of one's hair. Commonly used in the film industry to 'return to a blank slate' after too much colouring.

I quite like it though!

September 23, 2012 3:23 pm  #845

Any idea where this pic is from?
I mean this looks like a nice way of country life.... 

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 23, 2012 3:25 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 3:27 pm  #846

I'll take the country gentleman in the middle. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2012 3:28 pm  #847

Just for the record, I like him thin and dark-haired.
If AG and Susi don't stop thudding, we are going to have a seismic event. Please, girls, be sure you have someplace for a soft landing before you view this thread.

September 23, 2012 3:31 pm  #848

Me? I didn't thud right now, I'm sitting quite comfortably on my chair. If, however, someone came up with another dark-curls-hands-exposed-neck thingy they should give out an earthquake warning   

Last edited by SusiGo (September 23, 2012 3:31 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 23, 2012 3:50 pm  #849

Hey Mattlocked! That photo is of the cast of War Horse. I like Tom Hiddlestone too who is on the far left (he dies in the film) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 4:04 pm  #850

Whoa, Davina! Don't forget to say "Spoiler Alert."

September 23, 2012 4:11 pm  #851

Oh! Spoiler alert! He is a bit hard to recognise in the film though as he's got a bit more weight on him than usual. Just pretend I didn't say anything. Maybe I'm just having you on!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 4:21 pm  #852

SusiGo wrote:

Me? I didn't thud right now, I'm sitting quite comfortably on my chair. If, however, someone came up with another dark-curls-hands-exposed-neck thingy they should give out an earthquake warning   

So, I'm going to get something to eat and when I return I hope someone will have fulfilled my wish … 

September 23, 2012 4:24 pm  #853

SusiGo wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

So, I'm going to get something to eat and when I return I hope someone will have fulfilled my wish … 

Here's hoping, for both of us.

September 23, 2012 4:47 pm  #854

Okay, well, this one may have been done before, but the hands are there, neck is delicious, it's Sherlock hair... AND the purple shirt of sex... so here you go.

Earthquake warning?

September 23, 2012 4:51 pm  #855

This one is NOT thud-worthy!
Just a guy reading a bedtime-story to you. Or was it the phone book?
Anyway, something boooring, going by the book cover.
Boring book, boring guy.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 23, 2012 4:51 pm  #856

Sherlockedkt: Obviously earthquake warning. And congrats! Not so easy to find a Sherlock hands-neck-pic. I have no idea why...... 

Tobe: OMG, how booooring! You can do better, can't you!?? 
Bored, bored, bored, bored! So if anyone on board knows any card tricks, ghost stories or would like to have some sex, please do make your way to the flight deck. Thank you.
Oh sorry, that wasn't Sherlock. Don't know why this just slips my mind.....

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 23, 2012 5:01 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 5:53 pm  #857

Actually it is kinda hard to find one like that!  As you point out, he usually has his hands and neck covered.  I've been looking for the past half hour or so and haven't found another one.

But I've enjoyed the hunt!

September 23, 2012 5:54 pm  #858

tobeornot221b wrote:

bwahahahahaha! OMG ,now that you mention it, it kinda does.

September 23, 2012 5:55 pm  #859

Mattlocked wrote:

Any idea where this pic is from?
I mean this looks like a nice way of country life....  .

Looks like a posh boy band gone out to the country for the day to make a pic for an album cover. lololol

September 23, 2012 5:57 pm  #860

veecee wrote:

Just for the record, I like him thin and dark-haired.
If AG and Susi don't stop thudding, we are going to have a seismic event. Please, girls, be sure you have someplace for a soft landing before you view this thread.

Heh. Luckily, my thick skull is in no danger.

Most of my thudding is virtual, not actual, although if it gets bad enough, I might actually stagger out of my chair and stumble to the medicine cabinet for the smelling salts.

This is the BEST thread on this forum, hands down, IMO.

And just for the record, I like thin (I prefer the word lean, but whatevers) and dark-haired as well. Yum.

Board footera