BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2012 1:24 pm  #1

Millennium movies

Hi!
Have you watched this series of movies based on the novels by Stieg Larsson?
The Girl with the dragon tattoo
The Girl who played with fire
The girl who kicked the hornet's nest

I have only seen the first one, both the English and Swedish version. I loved the books and loved the movie adaptation too. I think Noomi Rapace and Roony Mara were really great as Lisbeth Salander. Michael Nyqvist too.

August 2, 2012 1:41 pm  #2

Re: Millennium movies

I've only seen the first one in both English and Swedish as yourself. I think I preferred the original Swedish version. I loved the books.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 14, 2012 10:23 pm  #3

I've watched all of the swedish movies. I quite liked them, even though it's not my usual type of movie. It's been a while since I saw the movies but I think the first one was my favourite.
Noomi Rapace is amazing. I haven't read the books but my parents kept saying how perfect she is for the role. As well as Michael Nyqvist.
Since we all enjoyed the movies we were quite disappointed over the fact that they are being remaked. Again, my parents (who have both read all the books) pointed out that Daniel Craig wasn't really right for the role. He looks too... oh, I don't know how to say it. Too handsome, kind of. Too Hollywood. (not that Nyqvist doesn't look good for his age)

Actually... do we have any Swedish members? Would be interesting to hear their opinions on it.

August 14, 2012 11:06 pm  #4

I've just finished the first book. My husband finally convinced me to read it. I had seen a snippet of the Swedish movie and thought the story would be too violent for me. I still didn't care for the spelled out torture scenes; in fact, I sort of skimmed them. But I thought the book was good.

August 15, 2012 5:40 am  #5

I really like Daniel Craig but I agree that he wasn't quite right for this role. I think Viggo Mortensen would have suited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 11:10 am  #6

I've seen the swedish films and really liked them, I think the first and the third are the best ones. The second one is too action-heavy and hollywoodish. Fincher's remake was fine, but so damn slow. So I prefer the original films over the remake. The books I haven't read but my brother always tells me how good they are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

Board footera