BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 22, 2012 5:31 pm  #801

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

QuiteExtraordinary wrote:

....But running to the computer after coming home from the party at 3 in the morning to check the forum is not weird, is it?

No, that`s normal!
Even before breakfast, during coffee (instead of the newspaper), in your lunchbreak, coffeebreak, directly after work, while watching a movie (not Sherlock!), between - or during - brushing your teeth before bed..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 22, 2012 5:33 pm  #802

QuiteExtraordinary:LOL

Last edited by Harriet (September 22, 2012 5:33 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 22, 2012 5:34 pm  #803

"Low-tar" - how funny!
Yes, you are officially obsessed - congrats!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 22, 2012 7:07 pm  #804

You don't have to hold back with us - we're just as crazy as you are 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 22, 2012 7:30 pm  #805

ancientsgate wrote:

veecee wrote:

Do you mean "for God's sake"?

Often mispronounced as "for god sakes."  I've heard Sherlock say it both ways, which I think is typical.

I love the coat, too, and we are not the only ones who do.

That was a style from 3 or 4 winters ago that the manufacturer (Belstaff) no longer makes. I wonder if they'll bring it back.

I believe I read on this forum that the Sherlock wardrobe crew added the red to the buttonhole.
Not that any of us would be obsessed with such details.

September 22, 2012 7:34 pm  #806

The coat is great. My husband's boss wears Belstaff but doesn't look half as cool or sexy. I read the thing about the red buttonhole, too. Nice touch. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 22, 2012 11:01 pm  #807

veecee wrote:

[I believe I read on this forum that the Sherlock wardrobe crew added the red to the buttonhole.Not that any of us would be obsessed with such details.

I heard that on one of the DVD commentaries that comes along with the DVD sets. The red buttonhole was the first wardrobe guy's idea. The coat did not arrive that way from the designer.  It certainly is distinctive, as is the one wearing it.

September 23, 2012 1:35 am  #808

Yep I heard that on the commentary as well.  I think someone on the commentary asked why, and they said it was just for an extra bit of character.  I think I need to look for a similar coat this winter...

September 23, 2012 3:59 am  #809

You know you're obsessed when you're going to watch the Primetime Emmy Awards just to possibly catch a glimpse of the Sherlock cast.

Edit: Okay, that's not the only reason. Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men are also up for nominations. Mostly against each other. 

Last edited by Banbha (September 23, 2012 4:06 am)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 23, 2012 4:51 am  #810

Yeah, I totally TiVo'd the Emmys in hopes of seeing Ben and Martin.  And I also love Downton Abbey and Game of Thrones, but I probably wouldn't watch if it weren't for Sherlock.

September 23, 2012 11:25 am  #811

sherlockedkt wrote:

Yep I heard that on the commentary as well.  I think someone on the commentary asked why, and they said it was just for an extra bit of character.  I think I need to look for a similar coat this winter...

I thought so, too. Best price I could find for something reasonably similar was 1200 USD, which is a bit much for me. If you find something reasonable, let me know where. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 23, 2012 6:43 pm  #812

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when your husband asks you what you want to do special on your birthday and you say stay home and watch a little Sherlock.

September 23, 2012 7:02 pm  #813

Banbha wrote:

You know you're obsessed when you're going to watch the Primetime Emmy Awards just to possibly catch a glimpse of the Sherlock cast.

Edit: Okay, that's not the only reason. Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, and Mad Men are also up for nominations. Mostly against each other. 

Yuuuup. For me, it's the only reason Eek!

OK, I just checked and two of the Big Bang actors are nominated so I guess I'll be rooting for them too. Still wouldn't watch if there was no Sherlock.

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 23, 2012 8:13 pm  #814

When you watch german tv on sunday night and see nothing but Sherlock. Or maybe german tv just learnt fast?

Tatort episode this night started  with Reichenbach, then A Study, then there was Blind Banker, Great Game, Scandal, and Blind Banker and Reichenbach again. In between, curly dark cop, blonde cop, PSoS (about), sniffing, escalators, sitting knees up, borrowing colleage's computer, medicament abuse and wide city landscapes. (No violin, though, no cabs.)

Did anybody watch and notice?

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 23, 2012 8:19 pm  #815

I didn't watch Tatort because I was reading a SH story. S***, so I missed a near PSoS?!

September 23, 2012 8:21 pm  #816

Yes, and an ugly parka coat 

September 23, 2012 8:21 pm  #817

Any striped jumpers?

September 23, 2012 8:22 pm  #818

Well, I also found a BIT Sherlock there... can't deny.    But no PSoS as far as I know. And, yes, there was something special with this Komissar. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 23, 2012 8:23 pm  #819

Of course the Dortmund caretaker asked the cop on the rooftop who looked like jumping any moment:
"Hey, you aren't going to make a budgie, are you?"

September 23, 2012 8:24 pm  #820

Hm, I somehow get the impression that by now you are seeing Sherlock everywhere. Could be dangerous. 

Board footera