BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 21, 2012 10:25 pm  #1

Anyone likes to draw / likes drawings?

Well, I do. I like to draw and look at good drawings. Just found this blog with some really nice drawings/sketches to see:

This:

or this

and so on....

http://sherlocksketchbookproject.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Mattlocked (September 21, 2012 10:28 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 21, 2012 10:41 pm  #2

Re: Anyone likes to draw / likes drawings?

God...........c"est merveilleux ! You are an artist !!!! I love your "dessin" !! fantastic !!!

September 21, 2012 10:48 pm  #3

I like to draw, but these are not mine - unfortunately.
I found them in a collection; you can see when you click on the link I posted above. 

September 22, 2012 7:40 am  #4

Ah, okay !! I undertand ! I like to draw but the result is very...hum...
In fact, they are "artistes" !!! 

September 22, 2012 4:24 pm  #5

Thank you for the link, that project is amazing!
What a great idea.

September 23, 2012 4:19 am  #6

Those are very nice!

I love to draw. I've been seriously considering starting a Sherlock and John portrait. I mainly draw portraits. Can't decided whether to do them together or separate...

Last edited by Sam (September 23, 2012 4:20 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------
SH: "Brilliant, Anderson."
Anderson: "Really?"
SH: "Yes. Brilliant impression of an idiot."

September 23, 2012 10:22 am  #7

I will not draw them. I am not good at portraits and I like both of them too much, so I would never be really satisfied.

September 23, 2012 11:17 am  #8

I used to draw a lot up until I went to high school. Then the enthusiasm just wore off for some reason. I used to draw mainly comics and comical characters. On my 30th birthday my friend gave me this set of paper and pens and charcoal etc as she wanted me to start doing my thing again. I did draw a couple of pics but nothing major yet. I've so many ideas for a comic book but I just never get the stuff on paper. Same goes for everything really. Songs, videos etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

September 23, 2012 1:43 pm  #9

To me everything has it's time. I have several hobbies, but I can stop them for months or even years. Calligraphy, drawing, painting, writing, sculptering...
I can do nothing else than drawing for weeks, but then I start something else. Or nothing. Hubby sometimes asks: "You don't like drawing anymore?" "Yes, but later, not now."
So, Drama, maybe later is the right time. 

September 23, 2012 1:59 pm  #10

I too used to draw all the time as a child and teenager and I did art exams at school. I also loved working with clay, printing and mixed media. Since then I have done some metal work but have not really drawn for years. It is one thing I keep intending to go back to but I never seem to get around to it. I have also had spates of doing embroidery and counted cross stitch work which requires lots of concentration and dexterity. I have also done lots of knitting in the past, making sweaters, scarves, hats etc. for myself and others. I even made tiny, original figures to go with stories when I used to run a Pre-school just adapting patterns as I went along. Maybe, when the cold, dark nights draw in this year I will go back to these activities. To be honest the weather today seems ideal for these activities!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 2:17 pm  #11

That's quite a lot of hobbies. too! I totally forgot the knitting, must have some wool here left somewhere.....
I bought a book for mixed media artists a while ago so I might try that, but I just read, never tried anything so far. It was fun anyway. Not one of those usual, boring books.
I concentrate on Sherlock right now, and some gardening because I think autumn is perfect for that. I am too lazy at the moment to do anything else but what's needed to do - and Sherlock of course, did I mention? 

September 23, 2012 3:42 pm  #12

Well I am the "I'll do it later. Maybe." -kind of guy. It's funny that even though I'm older now than when I used to draw, I still draw like when I as 15. It's obvious of course, but I never really thought about it. Here's a picture I drew a couple of weeks ago of my biggest idol and musical influence, Nuno Bettencourt.

Last edited by Dramagod (September 23, 2012 3:44 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

September 23, 2012 4:00 pm  #13

That's really good! I like the way you have done his fingers and the little points for his elbows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 23, 2012 4:29 pm  #14

Dramagod wrote:

..... It's funny that even though I'm older now than when I used to draw, I still draw like when I as 15. ....

That is funny, I think the same when I see my latest drawings. Maybe it's just what WE see?

I think you did a great sketch there, btw.

October 10, 2012 11:14 pm  #15

I like to draw, but I am pretty bad at portraits. I have put it on my to-do list to try to draw a Sherlock related drawing though....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

Board footera