BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2012 3:40 am  #1

Looking for a thread or post in the forum : ask here

I guess everyone at some time will have this problem. You remember something being posted about a subject in here and you cannot find it no matter how long you search?
Well here is the place to ask the other members for help!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 3:42 am  #2

Re: Looking for a thread or post in the forum : ask here

I will start, lol.
Well you don't think I made the thread to offer a helping hand to others do you? As they say, "Necessity is the Mother of invention".

Ok, I am looking for the thread where we were listing words from one country/area that mean different things in another part of the world.
I can't find it anywhere.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 21, 2012 5:01 am  #3

Kazza  is this the one you're looking for?

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1137

Another way to do a search is to  use the SEARCH feauture that's available here,   and type in words,  and then pick  TOPICS(which list the titles)  or MESSAGES.   I've  found MANY  threads in that way.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 21, 2012 5:04 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 21, 2012 5:05 am  #4

Kazza, this is so weird. I know I posted on that thread because I talked about the meaning of 'root' (snicker) so I looked up my old posts and found it under Other - Akward words in the US on April 26th, but when I came out of my posts and looked in the Others section, I couldn't find it. Mind you, I don't always see what is right in fron tof my face, so don't take my word as gospel!

Edited to say "Oops, I found it" in Other, last entry was June 20th  (embarrassed

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=564

Last edited by hepzibah (July 21, 2012 5:33 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 21, 2012 10:09 am  #5

hepzibah wrote:

Kazza, this is so weird. I know I posted on that thread because I talked about the meaning of 'root' (snicker) so I looked up my old posts and found it under Other - Akward words in the US on April 26th, but when I came out of my posts and looked in the Others section, I couldn't find it. Mind you, I don't always see what is right in fron tof my face, so don't take my word as gospel!

Edited to say "Oops, I found it" in Other, last entry was June 20th  (embarrassed

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=564

Ahhh that's the one thanks!

Close skitty, but not quite the one I wanted.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

July 24, 2012 11:31 am  #6

I'm sure that somewhere here there is a discussion about Fifty Shades of Gray, but I can't find it, it is obviously buried within a thread. I wanted to post a tweet about it from Amanda Abbington. If you posted on that topic can you help me find it. Thanks, babes 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 24, 2012 11:38 am  #7

It's in the Other Adaptations section about the new erotic version of A Study in Scarlet. At the moment it is up as the latest post (mine) so easy to find.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 11:45 am  #8

Thanks, Davina, I found it and posted Amanda's tweet. What a pity she isn't a member of this forum (at least I don't think she is), she would have such fun!

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 24, 2012 4:10 pm  #9

You are welcome. She has tweeted further on this subject. Did you want to post the further tweets?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 4:25 pm  #10

Thanks for the heads up, doing so as we speak, sugarplum 

FREE PUSSY RIOT

#destroythejoint

July 24, 2012 7:40 pm  #11

This is a great idea.
Was there a place where we were posting Sherlock fan encounters? I mean when we run into another fan and recognize each other due to t-shirt, ringtone, tatoo....? I posted a few elsewhere, but I thought there was a specific thread.
Thanks.

July 24, 2012 7:46 pm  #12

I don't think there is a specific thread but maybe we should make one?

July 24, 2012 11:38 pm  #13

Sure!

July 25, 2012 5:37 am  #14

we've got  a few  threads  in  the fan meet up  section.   look over there.   

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=35

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 9, 2012 8:06 pm  #15

Somebody posted a link to a funny "how to treat a cat" site. I think the poster said it was especially for our own SKitty. Anyone know where I can find it?

August 9, 2012 8:11 pm  #16

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 9, 2012 8:27 pm  #17

Oh, yes. Thanks!

September 10, 2012 10:08 am  #18

I'm trying to find a thread for Saturn, the one about cut scenes from the PBS showing of Reichenbach ..

Can anyone help please?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 10, 2012 10:11 am  #19

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 19, 2012 8:43 pm  #20

Where did the Boss post the photos of the reenactment of the events at the Reichenbach Falls during the pilgrimage? I cannot find it and I have a link to a short radio broadcast about it.

Last edited by Davina (September 19, 2012 8:44 pm)

Board footera