BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2012 11:01 am  #241

Re: Free Rants

As you are offline now it seems as if it finally worked. 
Is the one hour slot to take in literal sense? But you have to wait a half day until you are informed about the one hour? Makes sense...
Reminds me of our phone company: "We will be at your place tomorrow between 7 am and 4 pm. - No, we cannot tell more exactly."  Great, another whole day off just for waiting.....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 13, 2012 11:08 am  #242

And did you notice when they tell you "between 7 am and 4 pm" they invariably come at 3.45? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 13, 2012 12:45 pm  #243

Over here they say between 2pm and 6pm. Which usually means 8pm, or 10 am the next day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

September 13, 2012 1:18 pm  #244

My slot is 2.13 to 3.13 which seems somewhat over specific now. We shall see. Perhaps they will arrive at 3.12!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 13, 2012 5:47 pm  #245

sherlockskitty wrote:

banbha  it's ok  you can talk abt anything here.  alcohol is just not my cup of tea,  and since we have younger than age 18  members  here,  I was concerned.   get better soon,  mattlocked,  and rest!!   same goes for everyone else who is sick.   

Why does my cat always paww at me?  I feed her,  love her,  etc...   She needs her paws trimmed--  they are sharp.

Hey, thanks for that. I know all forums have different rules; I didn't want to step on any toes.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 13, 2012 5:48 pm  #246

The Skull wrote:

Over here they say between 2pm and 6pm. Which usually means 8pm, or 10 am the next day.

Are you American? That sounds a lot like the cable (phone, internet) company of...well...every state in the union.

Last edited by Banbha (September 13, 2012 5:48 pm)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 13, 2012 5:54 pm  #247

Well it did actually arrive within the time slot  .
Now I'm just going to pop off and do some research for you lot. See what other little tidbits I can find. Laterz!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 13, 2012 7:02 pm  #248

I have to learn... but I don't want to. 
Yep, easy as that.

September 13, 2012 8:29 pm  #249

Alright. So, I never have pretty, girly hands because a) I wash them all the time at work and b) a manicure might last through a shift and a half at the hospital. But I have the night off and thought I'd make my nails pretty, even if it won't last.

I was using nail polish remover when my friend texted, so I set the (open) bottle down to reply. After replying, I set the phone down next to the bottle. Then, true to form, I smack the bottle (because I seem to have no peripheral perception and run into stuff that's next to me all the time) and it proceeds to dump all over the face of my Droid X. Which has a crack in it. Perfect.

So there is nail polish remover seeping into the screen. It's already melted the coating off of part of the back of the phone. *sigh* Well...I guess now I don't need an excuse to purchase the new iPhone 5 like I thought I would. Now I actually need it! (Not really sure what I'll do for a phone in the meantime though.)

P.S. My nails do look cute, I have to say.

Last edited by Banbha (September 13, 2012 8:30 pm)

September 13, 2012 9:17 pm  #250

Every cloud has a silver lining.

September 13, 2012 9:28 pm  #251

Yes. Not the end of the world by any means, I'm just lamenting the fact that I am a total klutz. Really. My patients laugh at me because I run into things all the time. It's a wonder that they trust me.

September 14, 2012 2:16 am  #252

Banbha wrote:

The Skull wrote:

Are you American? That sounds a lot like the cable (phone, internet) company of...well...every state in the union.

I am American, yes, but I'm not living in the States anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

September 14, 2012 3:00 am  #253

Banbha wrote:

Alright. So, I never have pretty, girly hands because a) I wash them all the time at work and b) a manicure might last through a shift and a half at the hospital. But I have the night off and thought I'd make my nails pretty, even if it won't last.

I was using nail polish remover when my friend texted, so I set the (open) bottle down to reply. After replying, I set the phone down next to the bottle. Then, true to form, I smack the bottle (because I seem to have no peripheral perception and run into stuff that's next to me all the time) and it proceeds to dump all over the face of my Droid X. Which has a crack in it. Perfect.

So there is nail polish remover seeping into the screen. It's already melted the coating off of part of the back of the phone. *sigh* Well...I guess now I don't need an excuse to purchase the new iPhone 5 like I thought I would. Now I actually need it! (Not really sure what I'll do for a phone in the meantime though.)

P.S. My nails do look cute, I have to say.

Can you return your phone for a replacement,  saying it was an accident?  I'm not sure abt the iphone 5--  but i hear it's better than the ones before.  It just depends on what service towers you have in your area.  here,  it's a bit...iffy.  I  go to one area  phone works ok,  I go to another area  the phone is off  its rocker.   

Have I said lately....my cell phone drives me bonkers sometimes,  with the overheating and the many times I have to recharge the battery?  yeah--  i sound like a broken record.

Oh  yeah  whenever something needs fixing here,   I  have a 4  hour  or a 2 hour window  to wait through.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (September 14, 2012 3:01 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 14, 2012 4:40 am  #254

Can you return your phone for a replacement,  saying it was an accident?  I'm not sure abt the iphone 5--  but i hear it's better than the ones before.  It just depends on what service towers you have in your area.  here,  it's a bit...iffy.  I  go to one area  phone works ok,  I go to another area  the phone is off  its rocker.   

Have I said lately....my cell phone drives me bonkers sometimes,  with the overheating and the many times I have to recharge the battery?  yeah--  i sound like a broken record.

Oh  yeah  whenever something needs fixing here,   I  have a 4  hour  or a 2 hour window  to wait through.

I have insurance on the thing but a replacement is still $80. Might as well get a newer (and better) phone. I didn't care for the Droid X anyway. I live in the middle of a city so thankfully I never have reception problems at home. Verizon is also pretty good...as long as you don't have to call them because their customer service is awful.

Your cell phone overheats? Oh man, that stinks. I used to have one that would randomly shut off while I was talking to someone. For as expensive as they are, it's sad that they can't be more durable.

September 14, 2012 7:11 am  #255

Ooooohhhh! It lives! My phone liiiiives!  I shall now call it "Sherlock."

Last edited by Banbha (September 14, 2012 7:12 am)

September 14, 2012 11:13 am  #256

Lol! Or Frankenstein's monster!

September 14, 2012 8:03 pm  #257

A zombie.

September 18, 2012 7:33 pm  #258

My  cell phone didn't work yesterday  where I was!!   I  had  forgotten,  and missed,  a drs appt..  and i  wanted to call them  and reschedule.   But  my  phone wouldn't work,  and data connection was down,  and I found out later I was in an area  (again)  where the sprint towers didn't work  properly!!   i  tried using wi fi  but that didn't work either.  and  store customers looked at me funny  becausd I was swearing at my  phone out loud.   Not good?  Bit not good,  yeah.   I'm  going bonkers with htis phone.   what if I was out there,  stranded somewhere,  and I couldn't call anyone?   GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.   The only  thing  so  far  I  like abt this phone is  I'm using it as a kindle reading  device,  and can play downloaded games on it.  I  shud get a medal  for  keeping this phone,  yes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 18, 2012 8:27 pm  #259

Technology is great until it doesn't work.

September 18, 2012 10:50 pm  #260

Speaking of phones...I left my phone in my marching band uniform pocket last Friday, and now I have to wait until Friday to get it back
Oh, and did I mention I hate marching band? I have to play alto sax for two months instead of oboe, and I seem to never have time to practice oboe these days. And I LOVE oboe

Board footera