BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2012 3:31 pm  #721

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

ancientsgate wrote:

Nice. One of the images, of course, is of Mycroft's hands. He has nice ones, too!

It's interesting to see what make-up artists can do with hands... for his role in Being Human, Mark had awful hands, really scary and disgusting, but luckily those weren't his real hands

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

September 18, 2012 5:35 pm  #722

The ring is definitely a prop. Perhaps its significance, if any, will be revealed to us...eventually.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 18, 2012 6:17 pm  #723

Davina wrote:

The ring is definitely a prop. Perhaps its significance, if any, will be revealed to us...eventually. 

It being worn on the right hand only means one of two things to me (since it is the kind of gold band that is only worn as a wedding band, usually)-- gay marriage, or perhaps the ring belonged to a male relative and he wears it as a keepsake. Intriguing, either. Sheesh, what is this, even more stuff to wonder about? It never ends. *laugh*

September 18, 2012 6:31 pm  #724

Or marriage from another European country. In some countries, such as Russia, the ring is worn on the third finger on the right hand rather than the third finger of the left hand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 18, 2012 6:53 pm  #725

In Germany most people wear their wedding rings on the third finger of the right hand. But it is not the law as Arthur would put it. I wear mine on the middle finger of my left hand because the third finger's too thin and I'm left-handed and somehow prefer to wear it on the left. I noticed the ring on Mycroft's finger some time ago and mentioned it in another thread. We agreed that it is a prop that maybe one day will be explained.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2012 7:12 pm  #726

Sorry to interrupt this interesting discussion - but THIS guy, for instance, doesn't wear ANY ring on ANY of his fingers:

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 18, 2012 7:13 pm  #727

Thanks for the distraction. Much more interesting than ring-wearing traditions in various European countries. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2012 7:21 pm  #728

So since I'm home sick today, I'm watching Benedict's work on Netflix... The Last Enemy is a BBC show on Netflix that stars our Benny.  (It also features the guy who plays Rumpelstiltskin in ABC's Once Upon A Time, which is weird since I've watched that series and keep thinking of him as Rumpelstiltskin...)  I'm not too impressed with The Last Enemy itself, but it does give LOTS of screen time to our guy.  Here are a few screen caps I've taken today:

Last edited by sherlockedkt (September 18, 2012 7:30 pm)

September 18, 2012 7:26 pm  #729

Yes - those pics could positively affect your health.  Get well soon!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 18, 2012 7:37 pm  #730

That's the idea, Tobe!  I feel much better when I have something so lovely to look at...

September 18, 2012 7:45 pm  #731

So Cumberbatch's a sort of medicine, not a wart on the foot (What is a Cumberbatch? http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1920

September 18, 2012 7:56 pm  #732

tobeornot221b wrote:

Sorry to interrupt this interesting discussion - but THIS guy, for instance, doesn't wear ANY ring on ANY of his fingers:

Maybe someday, John will put an end to that particular problem. *dream on*

September 18, 2012 7:59 pm  #733

sherlockedkt wrote:

So since I'm home sick today, I'm watching Benedict's work on Netflix... The Last Enemy is a BBC show on Netflix that stars our Benny.  (It also features the guy who plays Rumpelstiltskin in ABC's Once Upon A Time, which is weird since I've watched that series and keep thinking of him as Rumpelstiltskin...)  I'm not too impressed with The Last Enemy itself, but it does give LOTS of screen time to our guy.

Mmm. Closed eyes. Green eyes. Boxers. Could today get any better??

September 18, 2012 8:06 pm  #734

SusiGo wrote:

So Cumberbatch's a sort of medicine, not a wart on the foot (What is a Cumberbatch? http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1920

Ah. The last guy, the one with the British accent, got it right. "Isn't that the surname of a film star?" The Americans were all clueless. "Isn't that something a man uses for sex?"  lolololol  Did you notice the dead silence in Kimmel's American late-night TV audience, when he asked them if they'd ever heard of Ben?

You guys wait until that Star Trek movie comes out next year. At least then, people all over the world will have heard of the delish BC.... even if they make him ugly-barbarian and put brown contact lenses in his eyes, his talent will shine through, and I believe people will notice. *hopes*

September 18, 2012 8:07 pm  #735

Who said he couldn't be an underwear model then?

September 18, 2012 8:24 pm  #736

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, funny. I've never seen that post. By the time I joined the forum, it would have been impossible to catch up. And I keep being distracted by this thread.

September 18, 2012 9:05 pm  #737

Davina wrote:

I hereby officially withdraw my statement. Underwear, any time. 

September 18, 2012 9:35 pm  #738

Why do I ALWAYS check in here when I should go to sleep?? I'll try to get some rest anyway. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 18, 2012 9:59 pm  #739

SusiGo wrote:

Davina wrote:

I hereby officially withdraw my statement. Underwear, any time. 

No underwear is real nice, too. Somewhere there's footage of his pretty bum, getting into and out of a bed in some film or other. Does it up right for me, covered or uncovered, either one.

September 18, 2012 11:39 pm  #740

ancientsgate wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Ah. The last guy, the one with the British accent, got it right. "Isn't that the surname of a film star?" The Americans were all clueless. "Isn't that something a man uses for sex?"  lolololol

LOL!  He IS a sort of medicine!  If only my husband had spent the day watching Benny's work he would have been better in a jiffy instead of sick for three days.  Now, if that one guy in the film had said "Something a WOMAN uses for sex," I would have gladly volunteered to test his effectiveness in that area.  And I wish Kimmel was right, if only there were a little (or a lot of) Cumberbatch in all of us...

Board footera