BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2012 11:40 am  #721

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

SusiGo wrote:

NW16XE wrote:

I've been distacted by my new series 1 DVD set...

Now how on earth could this happen? 

How on earth could it not? 
I need to rewatch the commentary to TGG, I was trying to count exactly how many different sorts of laughs BC gives during it, but I lost track....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 16, 2012 11:46 am  #722

Series 1 DVD...hm... I think I have to send an overdue letter to my colleague.
I lent it out to him.  Well, how on earth could this happen??

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 16, 2012 12:03 pm  #723

Mattlocked wrote:

Series 1 DVD...hm... I think I have to send an overdue letter to my colleague.
I lent it out to him.  Well, how on earth could this happen??

If he hasn't already returned it, thanking you profusely for changing his life, you should definitely get it back. Obviously the man is a lost cause. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 16, 2012 12:04 pm  #724

Yes, how do you live without it? Last week my daughter borrowed mine and I distinctly felt something missing in my shelf.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2012 12:42 pm  #725

I just lent out my Series 1 to a colleague of my husband's who expressed interest.  I'm now living in a state of  anxiety waiting for it to return to its mate (Series 2) and my loving protection.

You never know how people are going to react to this show.  My co-worker, who happens to be in her 70's, watched the show on PBS with her husband and really liked it.  We began discussing it a bit, and because I'm so obsessed, I was able to fill her in on details she had missed her first time through. I also began telling her about the wide world of Sherlock fandom  - and especially about all the German fans on this Forum because she's from Germany too  One day I dared to show her a Johnlock fan video on Youtube (during our lunch break, of course ) and wasn't sure how she would react to it.  OMG - she loved it!  Now in her spare time she searches Youtube for all the Johnlock videos.  I also pointed her to a gentle little Johnlock fan fic which she loved (now, if she wants to go further with those, that's up to her  ).  Good lord,  I've created a monster! .  Next step, getting her to join this Forum....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 16, 2012 12:56 pm  #726

KeepersPrice wrote:

I just lent out my Series 1 to a colleague of my husband's who expressed interest.  I'm now living in a state of  anxiety waiting for it to return to its mate (Series 2) and my loving protection.

You never know how people are going to react to this show.  My co-worker, who happens to be in her 70's, watched the show on PBS with her husband and really liked it.  We began discussing it a bit, and because I'm so obsessed, I was able to fill her in on details she had missed her first time through. I also began telling her about the wide world of Sherlock fandom  - and especially about all the German fans on this Forum because she's from Germany too  One day I dared to show her a Johnlock fan video on Youtube (during our lunch break, of course ) and wasn't sure how she would react to it.  OMG - she loved it!  Now in her spare time she searches Youtube for all the Johnlock videos.  I also pointed her to a gentle little Johnlock fan fic which she loved (now, if she wants to go further with those, that's up to her  ).  Good lord,  I've created a monster! .  Next step, getting her to join this Forum....

Good job, KP! I wished I had such colleagues... Yesterday, when I had to work exceptionally on a Saturday I came to the office in my "I am Sherlocked" T-sirt - along with my Union Jack jumper. Somehow work was more fun than usual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 16, 2012 4:20 pm  #727

KeepersPrice wrote:

....... I also pointed her to a gentle little Johnlock fan fic ........

LOL  I just read "I also poisened her"... not so far away, eh? 

You are right - you never know. I wonder what my colleague might say when he finally watched it.
(I can't blame him that much, there was a trade fair in between and he was away for a week. But, yes, I MISS MY SEASON 1 !!!  )

September 17, 2012 9:05 am  #728

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

I just had a discussion with a gentleman in his 70s about the number of the London bus going through Baker Street.

That is, in a library in Australia, with someone who immigrated here 40 years ago.

I love how Doyle connects me to the world in ways I'd never expect!

September 17, 2012 7:35 pm  #729

you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...
You want to become a chemist, just so you can play with chemicals and be like him
You are willing to go halfway around the world, just so you can be where Sherlock would have lived
You give up a lot of things you used to like just because you adore him so much
Your family is concerned with the amount of time you spend thinking about it
Your heart skips a beat every time you hear a British accent
You try reading people, even when you suck at it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

September 17, 2012 8:38 pm  #730

Reading your fifth item, I suggest you go to the intervention thread. (Don't worry, we're not trying to cure anyone!)

September 17, 2012 9:37 pm  #731

I agree, if it's affecting your family you should definitely check out our intervention thread!

Not that we want the addiction to stop for one millisecond...

September 18, 2012 1:16 pm  #732

horserider99 wrote:

you know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...
You want to become a chemist, just so you can play with chemicals and be like him
You are willing to go halfway around the world, just so you can be where Sherlock would have lived
You give up a lot of things you used to like just because you adore him so much
Your family is concerned with the amount of time you spend thinking about it
Your heart skips a beat every time you hear a British accent
You try reading people, even when you suck at it

HAHAHA, yes! In place of family concern, I have friend concern...I'm trying very hard to get some of them interested but they just aren't biting. Thus, they do not understand my obsession.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 18, 2012 2:37 pm  #733

... when you go to town, searching for nothing but a scratchpad... and finally end up with this:

September 18, 2012 2:42 pm  #734

And I went to my yoga class in my Sherlock quotes tee. No remarks but I was happy and dared to make a headstand (with assistance).

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2012 2:53 pm  #735

Banbha wrote:

In place of family concern, I have friend concern...I'm trying very hard to get some of them interested but they just aren't biting. Thus, they do not understand my obsession.

Me, too. How can my friends not see what I see, I ask you.

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when a couple of your good friends make fun of Sherlock's actor's name, as well as his looks, and it pisses you off. What are they, blind and stupid? Do they see, but not observe?  To think I used to *like* these people! heh

I do have one friend, however, whom I have converted, and we've had a great time squeeeeing together for the last three months or so. Great fun.

Last edited by ancientsgate (September 18, 2012 2:53 pm)

September 18, 2012 4:16 pm  #736

I need a Sherlock shirt, badly.  In fact I believe I shall make it my mission today, as I am sick in bed watching my DVDs with commentary.

September 18, 2012 4:18 pm  #737

Hope you're better soon. Although, regarding the DVDs … and you still have to browse the Internet for a Sherlock shirt. I can recommend Redbubble.com. 

September 18, 2012 8:46 pm  #738

...you've actually gotten your husband to the point where he complimented you on your PDoS.

Last edited by veecee (September 18, 2012 8:47 pm)

September 18, 2012 9:57 pm  #739

Mattlocked wrote:

... when you go to town, searching for nothing but a scratchpad... and finally end up with this:

Why do they sell such things in Germany? They look like something foreign tourists in London would pick up as a memento of their trip. No? Love them, though-- do. A lot. Hooray for the red, white and blue, as we say here in the States.  heh

September 18, 2012 10:37 pm  #740

sherlockedkt wrote:

I need a Sherlock shirt, badly.  In fact I believe I shall make it my mission today, as I am sick in bed watching my DVDs with commentary.

We've already told you about redbubble.com, right?

If you where your shirt and get a reaction from someone, be sure to put it on the thread for that.

Board footera