BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2021 11:50 am  #1

Spam

Mod post:

We get a lot of spam posts on this forum, and there has been rush of them over the weekend!  I'm just popping in quickly so haven't got round to tracking them all down and deleting them, so feel free to flag them up if you see them.   The most obvious ones are new members asking about contacting administration.  Deleting the users and posts doesn't seem to stop the flow, unfortunately, but it does tidy things up and mean that we only see posts from geniune members.

Apologies for getting behind on them, and thank you for your patience. Thank you also for reporting any suspicious posts which some of you have done, and thank you to the other mods for deleting them!. 

I hope you are all safe and well. 

April 5, 2021 6:33 pm  #2

Re: Spam

It's OK, Liberty! I appreciate that you still check in. I've been checking in on the forum even when there hasn't been anything new and it's too bad there's been so much spam lately.

Clueing for looks.

April 6, 2021 5:08 am  #3

Hi guys, yes...who is old enough to know the song:
Spam, spam, spam, spam...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 6, 2021 6:12 am  #4

Me!

April 6, 2021 10:24 pm  #5

While I know a lot of old songs and have seen some Monty Python, I must admit I was not familiar with the song, but I just looked it up, so now I have heard it!

Clueing for looks.

April 7, 2021 4:59 am  #6

The added context being that Spam was very much a Brit staple food, for those of us growing up within a certain period!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 7, 2021 6:57 am  #7

Once you've heard it, you can never unhear it, Yitzock!  Yes, fondly remembered as a food.  Am I allowed to say I liked it?

April 7, 2021 10:40 am  #8

Thanks for the thread, Liberty. I just took down some more. Although we are not as active as before we should not let the forum drown in spam. As for the song, now I will have to check it out. But not the food. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 7, 2021 11:08 am  #9

Yes, I would certainly give the food a miss!

April 7, 2021 3:13 pm  #10

Spam is basically just all the bits of meat that aren't sold in other cuts, right? Mashed up together? It sounds like a good idea from the point of view of reducing waste, but based on what I've seen I can understand why the texture would not be to everyone's taste!

Clueing for looks.

April 7, 2021 4:38 pm  #11

To be fair, no meat would suit this veggie!

April 7, 2021 7:10 pm  #12

besleybean wrote:

Yes, I would certainly give the food a miss!

Yep, me too. I am a vegetarian. And it does not really sound enticing. But the video was very funny.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 31, 2021 12:15 pm  #13

I've just had another clear out in preparation for a New Year.  So many spam, spam, spams that I'd missed, sorry!  Hopefully we have a tidier forum now in preparation for 2022.  I just need to get working on my house next, ha ha!
Wishing you health and happiness in in the New Year!

January 2, 2022 11:18 am  #14

Thank you very much!

January 4, 2022 8:46 am  #15

Yes I'm just back from visiting the Italian family and catching up with your 'winter clean', Liberty!

Board footera