BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 16, 2021 6:45 pm  #1

Benedict's sister.

So sorry to hear that Benedict's sister died of cancer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 17, 2021 7:42 am  #2

Re: Benedict's sister.

Very sad news indeed. 

December 17, 2021 2:22 pm  #3

Yes, this is really sad. However, I am very glad that they were able to keep it private. He chose to talk about it in the podcast instead of it being spread by the media themselves. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 13, 2022 10:27 pm  #4

I'm very late to this (December was a busy and kind of rough month for me), but very sad. This hits home for me, since while she's still alive my mum has cancer so I know about some of the challenges and stresses that come with it. I hope she was able to be with her family in the end and not be in too much pain.

Clueing for looks.

January 14, 2022 7:14 am  #5

I was going to refer to your post in Louis Wain,
but then didn't want to spoil.
But anyway, it crossed my mind that Benedict may have been thinking of his sister's illness, when filming...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2022 5:38 pm  #6

Films and stories about people dealing with illness make me think about my own family (one recent film in particular that made me think about my own family was the film Supernova), so it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Last edited by Yitzock (January 21, 2022 5:42 pm)

Clueing for looks.

Board footera