BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2015 6:40 pm  #341

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

Lilythiell wrote:

Miss Sherlock Watson wrote:

Finally going to see the other screening in April with BC as the creature!

Oh my God, where will it be? And when?

It's a cinema in Bochum (near my hometown in Germany) on April 16th...

"It's this - or Cluedo."
"No! We are never playing that again!"
"Why not?"
"Because it is not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock! That's why."
"It was the only possible solution!"
"It's not in the rules."
"Then the rules are wrong!"

March 18, 2015 6:50 pm  #342

Too bad that's on a Thursday ...
Have fun, then !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 24, 2020 6:38 pm  #343

Next week both Frankenstein versions will be available on YouTube! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmkQHV8e4Rk

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2020 6:39 pm  #344

I've really been pushing it on Facebook!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 24, 2020 7:27 pm  #345

Well done!

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2020 7:28 pm  #346

Mainly trying to educate folk about the two versions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 24, 2020 7:49 pm  #347

I am looking forward very much to watching them again. Fascinating to compare their approaches to both parts. 

April 25, 2020 4:00 pm  #348

Glad it know it will be available. I've been curious about the play for a long time and I never got to see it in the cinema.

Clueing for looks.

April 25, 2020 8:59 pm  #349

I saw it, but only one version, I think!

April 28, 2020 5:22 pm  #350

Official Frankenstein with Benedict Cumberbatch as the creature | Free National Theatre Full Play
National Theatre
Premieres 30/04/2020, 11:00

April 28, 2020 5:47 pm  #351

And Benedict as Dr Frankenstein the next day.
Did anybody see the King Lear that Andrew's in?
It was on Sunday night, but too late for me to stay up.

April 28, 2020 6:17 pm  #352

I didn't catch, but I've seen it before.  It's lovely having all this stuff, but I'm struggling to keep up!  Still haven't finished watching Twelfth Night!

April 28, 2020 6:19 pm  #353

Oh that's good.
I also watched Colin Morgan in The Tempest and he was just divine! 

June 20, 2021 10:41 pm  #354

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/fleabag-benedict-cumberbatchs-frankenstein-hamlet-national-theatre-amazon-1234980839/

Just read here that this production, as well as Benedict's performance of Hamlet, are available on Amazon Prime now. But only for Ireland and the UK! It's been a while since I've seen a headline that excited me and then quickly become disappointed when I read the rest of the article. But it's nice for those fans. I'm not usually a subscriber anyway, I'll just be getting another 30-day free trial when the next season of Mrs. Maisel comes out. But I would have added this to my list of things to watch that month (whenever that will be) if it were available worldwide. I can only hope one day they'll expand it.

Last edited by Yitzock (June 21, 2021 2:43 pm)

Clueing for looks.

June 21, 2021 5:32 am  #355

Prime Day today...
but I am not caving in!

June 21, 2021 7:26 am  #356

Oh, come on, BB!  To watch or not to watch ...

June 21, 2021 5:21 pm  #357

I always try and avoid Prime like the plague!
I have seen Frankenstein a few times, although it is brilliant...

June 21, 2021 5:42 pm  #358

So have I. Brilliant.
My son even has Prime but since we are in Germany I cannot watch "The Courier" which is a shame since cinemas have been closed from November until now as well. 

June 21, 2021 5:44 pm  #359

I think it's the Courier that's available on DVD now...
I never dare risk that my machine is multi-regional!

June 21, 2021 5:54 pm  #360

Yes, but you can only buy it with a US credit card. I tried, believe me. 

Board footera