BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 10, 2016 12:45 pm  #1

Fem!Sherlock Hair Styles?

Well, I plan on cosplaying this fall and winter... as in daily!

I've got a lovely long woolen gothic coat with the collar up (black though, not dark grey)... but I even sew a red button hole into it. A long blue scarf, a deerstalker and leather gloves... I've even got the PSoS

But I've been wondering what to do about my hair. 

Mainly my costume is not a perfect replica of our Sherlock... this is what I personally think he would have picked if he was a woman.

I assume it should be an 'easy' hair style that still looks neat? Thinking how Sherlock has his curls that (what I remember from having short hair) doesn't take too long to fix with some product... 

I have long black hair (dyed)... and I know pigtails are cute under the deerstalker, and so is a messy braid. 

But does anyone have better tips? I suppose I could also find a way to hide my hair in the deerstalker to make it appear I've got shorter hair (but to be perfectly honest I LOVE my long hair and it's a bit of a rebel thing for me... so I'm not too happy to hide it away) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 10, 2016 5:12 pm  #2

Re: Fem!Sherlock Hair Styles?

I think you have already got some good ideas.

I always thought that Sherlock would have short hair as a woman, too, but obviously that shouldn't put any limits on what you want to do.
Hm...I think it would look good down, too. I'll let you know if I think of anything else, but I am not the best in this area since I wear my hair down all the time,lol.

If you are comfortable posting one, I would love to see a photo of your outfit, it sounds cool.

Clueing for looks.

September 10, 2016 6:13 pm  #3

Thank you! When it gets cold enough I'll be taking a picture! We've got indian summer here... and it's pretty thick wool on the coat lol. 

Oh I should have said, having it down is not an option for me... I hate when it gets stuck in things or fly in my mouth (why I normally have it in a braid, ponytail or pigtails...)  

I've googled femSherlock and most of them have their hair down too... hmm 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 10, 2016 10:53 pm  #4

Maybe you will just have to experiment with any ideas you get (and Sherlock loves experimemts!)
Also, going back to your first post... What's PSOS?

Clueing for looks.

September 10, 2016 10:53 pm  #5

Forget the question, it just clicked.

Clueing for looks.

September 11, 2016 7:00 am  #6

I don't do cosplay (although I admire it!), but I was just thinking that Irene mirrored Sherlock's hair very well with her updo.  I think that style would look great, although it would be difficult not to mess up with the deerstalker!  The other styles that I think would look Sherlocky are slicked back (perhaps in a French braid?  Or ponytail or pigtail.) like Victorian Sherlock, or a mass of curls - extra curly and held with hairspray might keep it out of your face? 

September 20, 2020 3:24 pm  #7

This isn't exactly a response to Phantom's questions (miss you, Phantom!), but this cosplayer I've been following on Instagram for a little while posted some photos this week of a female Sherlock cosplay and I thought I'd share. I thought she did a good job. Her blue contact lenses are quite intense!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSG8IFjtKt/

Clueing for looks.

September 22, 2020 4:59 pm  #8

Yitzock wrote:

This isn't exactly a response to Phantom's questions (miss you, Phantom!), but this cosplayer I've been following on Instagram for a little while posted some photos this week of a female Sherlock cosplay and I thought I'd share. I thought she did a good job. Her blue contact lenses are quite intense!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFSG8IFjtKt/

I don’t know if the lenses look the same on the girl but it’s a bit  scary on the pics. More like a vampire than Sherlock 

September 25, 2020 8:35 pm  #9

It's true, it's very intense! Don't know if it's the lighting or not.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera