BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 8, 2020 7:48 am  #1

Ten year anniversary

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 8, 2020 3:35 pm  #2

Re: Ten year anniversary

I love that Mark did the video in character as Mycroft! It made me smile. Can't believe it's been ten years since it started. I started high school ten years ago, and while I was aware of it and didn't watch it until I was in university, it's still amazing to me to think that it's been around that long.

Clueing for looks.

September 8, 2020 4:41 pm  #3

Love Mycroft's little speech! 

I was late to the game, and didn't start watching until I think just after S3 aired! 

September 8, 2020 4:58 pm  #4

Yeah it was a good one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 8, 2020 5:45 pm  #5

Loved it. Hard to believe I joined the fandom and this forum over 8 years ago! It has been quite an amazing ride. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 9, 2020 5:26 am  #6

Course some of us have been around since hearing the new Sherlock project being talked about on the radio!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2020 6:56 am  #7

You did well to pick up early on something that ended up being so good and successful!  It must have been gratifying if you'd been following from the beginning! 

I had heard that it was very good. I don't know what took me so long to get round to watching it!  Especially as 10 years ago, we didn't have Netflix, etc., for distraction.  I tended to play computer games in my "switch-off" time rather than watch TV - that's my only excuse ,

September 9, 2020 5:04 pm  #8

Guess it helped that I was already a Sherlock Holmes fan!

September 12, 2020 4:40 pm  #9

I remember heard about it from others at school who did watch it. I remember when the first Hobbit movie came out and someone mentioning he was also on Sherlock
But by the time I got into the show in university, most of my friends had moved on to other things. One of my friends swears Elementary is better, but I haven't had a chance to watch it. And of course I don't know if I'll agree, because everybody's taste is different.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera