BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 31, 2019 9:29 pm  #21

Re: Is there any use in keeping this forum up anymore?

I wish you lots of fun!

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 1, 2019 5:39 am  #22

Can't wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 4, 2019 4:04 pm  #23

And in case you're wondering, 221b Con is still alive and well and I will be there tomorrow!!!!

Here's this years schedule.
http://221bcon.com/images/schedule/Schedule_grid_2019_v2.pdf

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 5, 2019 8:02 am  #24

The schedule looks so interesting, as always!  I hope you have a wonderful time! 

April 17, 2019 5:32 pm  #25

It was great fun.  
There may not be any new BBC Sherlock stuff to squee over right now, but 221b con is for all things Sherlock, plus other things that make us happy.  
This was the 7th year of 221b and there is a core group of people that are there every year.  Since it's a small con it's become as much about being with friends as it is about Sherlock. People come in before the actual con and stay after just to be able to hang out with friends they may only see in real life once a year.
Although all are welcome, the con is about 80% female(it was started by women) and is an incredibly inclusive space for people of all gender's and orientations.    Not to mention a ton of body positive love and support. 
It's hard to describe what it feels like to be a part of that.   

PS.
In light of this thread I wanted to add that, even if BBC Sherlock never makes another new episode, I love this fandom and the people it has led me to.  As far as I'm concerned we can keep this forum open forever!

PSS.
JOHNLOCK LIVES!  Never think that this ship is not still a healthy part of our fandom.

Last edited by tonnaree (April 17, 2019 5:37 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 17, 2019 7:10 pm  #26

I'm glad you had such a good time. It does sound fantastic.  It's great that it's so supportive and inclusive.  I would love to attend if it was more local! 

April 17, 2019 7:39 pm  #27

Liberty wrote:

I'm glad you had such a good time. It does sound fantastic.  It's great that it's so supportive and inclusive.  I would love to attend if it was more local! 

Kinda proud that even though it's a small con we have people fly in from all over.  One of my roommates this year was from Costa Rica!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

April 18, 2019 12:06 am  #28

Sounds fun.  I wish I could afford to go there!

April 18, 2019 6:31 am  #29

Wow, that's dedicated!  I didn't even get to London to see Sherlocked and it's only a couple of hours away.  Although it sounds like I'd probably enjoy 221b more than Sherlocked anyway! 

April 18, 2019 2:21 pm  #30

Sounds like fun, tonnaree! That's definitely dedicated of someone to come all the way from Costa Rica, but it must be cool to meet people from around the world who all like the same thing. I know it happens on the Internet, too, but it can become a little easier to ignore or forget those things online.

Clueing for looks.

December 20, 2019 7:41 pm  #31

Hi, everyone.
First of all, I'm French and as you know, we are bad in english.
I can read it, watch movies but I'm bad in speaking and writing it so be indulgent.
I found out Sherlock only few months ago. I was immediately hooked and happy I didn't have to wait long time beetween two seasons.
When I came on this forum, I spent a lot of time in general Benedict appreciation and had a lot of fun reading your comments and watching nice pics. A bad day could be forgotten just coming here.
I'm now discovering the other parts and appreciate a lot. So I really think this forum must stay open for those who discover Sherlock so late and can learn a lot of things even if it's finished (I believe in S5 !).
Thank you all for the nice and respectfull way you express your opinions. It's heartwarming.
I have a lot to read and nice moments to spend.
Thanks again.

December 20, 2019 8:30 pm  #32

That's really nice of you to say that you have enjoyed our discussions. 

Clueing for looks.

December 20, 2019 11:28 pm  #33

Thank you so much for your thoughts, Scarlaty82!  I really appreciate it!  I was late to Sherlock too - I started watching after S3 had been aired.  I found this forum a fantastic resource then, and it was so nice to be around fans who felt the same - it still is even though we are quieter now!  Please do pitch in and join in or start conversations if you would like to.  Your written English is excellent and anyway, there are quite a few people here for whom English is not their first language.  Here's hoping for S5!

December 21, 2019 3:20 pm  #34

Welcome, Scarlaty82, I am very happy for every new fan finding their way to the forum. Yes, we are quieter now but I also hope for S5. Look around and have fun. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 21, 2019 6:01 pm  #35

Thanks for your welcome.
You are all so nice with other members and have so interesting discussions, not only on Sherlock. For example, I was on the "Ice bucket challenge" thread and I like the way everybody can share an opinion on the subject. Of course, I first watched the video which is Wow ! And I understand that Ben did it on purpose but if it's the way which allows people to know the disease and donate, I'm OK with that. I take care of an old aunt who has it and I know it's not well known and how much it's hard to bear for people and families.
I would not be able to discuss things as you do because of my bad english but I like to read them, so I have a lot of interesting things to read and enjoy it. Even if a lot of links and pics have blown away, there is enough left for my pleasure.
And life being what it is sometimes, we have to enjoy everything that can improve it.
Cheers !

December 22, 2019 12:58 pm  #36

If you would like to discuss anything in here, even older subjects, feel free to do so. I and some others check for new posts so you will get an answer sooner or later. 

December 22, 2019 3:16 pm  #37

Yes, I'm always checking in, even if a lot of times there's nothing new. I think your English writing capabilities are sufficient to contribute, Scarlaty82. I would be happy to read your thoughts on anything.
I find myself posting a lot in the non-Sherlock topics lately, but not everyone is interested in that, but if you ever have anything to contribute to any Sherlock or non-Sherlock topics I would be happy to see those.

Clueing for looks.

December 24, 2019 10:02 am  #38

What I can say is that you seem to have a lot of fun at that time.
Last thing I read was a discussion in SIB about the bedroom and the bathroom and where Sherlock put his suits. 
I regret not to have been here those days. Even if the hiatus would have get me crazy.

September 7, 2020 8:44 am  #39

G'Day, Everyone,

I just made some time to check back in and also look for further related sites - and what a shock!

Sherlockology Web site - taken down
Science of Deduction Web site - taken down
Dr. John Watson's blog -inactive

And BBC Sherlock S5 may indeed never happen.

On the flip side, who could have predicted our boys' meteoric ride to MCU fame and fortune?

As it is, I shall keep coming by from time to time.

And who knows, one day, we may be able to have another physical gathering as we did in London in 2013 - so much fun to look for all those filming locations (and props and costumes).

Be well, and see you around!

September 7, 2020 8:48 am  #40

Good to hear from you, Doctor. And I will keep an eye on the forum. You never know … 

Board footera