BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2020 12:52 pm  #1

Sherlock Fan Theory Exploder with Mark Gatiss

Just came across it and couldn't find it posted - fun to watch again now that we know how it panned out!  He did give a big clue that they were going to do "the other one" - well, we all suspected that anyway!  Remember the fan theory that it was going to be Mary?  I kind of liked that one. 

June 28, 2020 2:42 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Fan Theory Exploder with Mark Gatiss

I had actually seen it before, but Mark at his best!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 4, 2020 3:39 pm  #3

I had not seen it. Enjoyed it very much! I really liked Mark's response to the dystopian future theory! The Culverton Smith theory is interesting in hindsight, since that person predicted Eurus' relationship to Sherlock and Mycroft, but didn't guess the right character who would be that relationship (which is fair, we didn't see much of her until later in the series).

Clueing for looks.

July 4, 2020 5:15 pm  #4

I'm trying to remember how much we knew back in December 2016!  We obviously knew about Toby Jones as Culverton Smith, and I think we had the titles, and had been given some clues for each episode.

Anyway, I followed the Setlock thread for that series, so got potential spoilers.  The big one was that Sian was recognised and there were shots of her filming TLD, and I think there might even have been a mention of her as Culverton's daughter.  No big deal, but it did mean that when she turned up in the first episode we wondered if something was up!  Just remembering how brilliant Sian was - it must have been such fun playing those different characters!

July 6, 2020 2:34 pm  #5

Oh, how could I miss that one? At least I do not remember. Great times discussing "the other one" - especially since in German dubbing they had to decide on a grammatical gender. But I cannot remember which one they chose. Probably male. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 6, 2020 7:14 pm  #6

I didn't think about dubbing into German.  I wonder if they had to consult with the team? 

I miss all those theories.  I'm sure there was one about Janine and Jim being related, as they're both Irish.  It's good to know the answers (to most things) but I do miss all the speculation!

July 7, 2020 7:44 pm  #7

I remember that speculation! I don't remember if I saw any Setlock images of Sian of if I missed them. I think I probably would have assumed she was some one-off character for an episode if I had seen her

Clueing for looks.

July 7, 2020 9:03 pm  #8

Oh, I will have to see if I can find the old thread! It was so much fun!

Board footera