BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2020 4:15 pm  #1

Martin Breaks Down His Career

Came across this video last night. It's long, but I enjoyed hearing his stories about auditioning for various things. The story about his Sherlock audition and subsequent scheduling of The Hobbit is quite something.

Clueing for looks.

March 10, 2020 5:26 pm  #2

Re: Martin Breaks Down His Career

Yep, love both the Hobbit and Sherlock stories!
Although his Sherlock audition wasn't as funny as Andrew's!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 10, 2020 8:46 pm  #3

Oh, I don't recall if I have heard or read Andrew's audition story.

Clueing for looks.

March 10, 2020 8:49 pm  #4

He bumbled into the audition, all the sweet, charming, delightful Irishman.
Then Beryl Vertue recalls how he transformed into this evil villian before their eyes..
When he delievered the ' that's what people do' line, they all just about jumped out of their seats with fright!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 11, 2020 4:36 pm  #5

Wow. That definitely would have made an impression.

Clueing for looks.

April 14, 2020 11:08 am  #6

Lovely video!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera