BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2020 3:43 pm  #21

Re: Breeders

Looks like he was animated during the talk!

Clueing for looks.

January 30, 2020 6:10 pm  #22

That's posibly a more diplomatic answer than what I first thought. Ha!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 30, 2020 8:44 pm  #23

I meant it in a positive way.

Clueing for looks.

February 18, 2020 2:10 pm  #24

Teaser for Breeders is out. The series will start at March 12.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8gS8BAFvgx/?igshid=leskolyfbsr3

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 18, 2020 2:11 pm  #25

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 18, 2020 6:38 pm  #26

Might be quite interesting...some old pics of Martin, there!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 19, 2020 8:48 pm  #27

I watched the trailer and was not impressed. But this may also be due to my shock at hearing Martin talking about "smacking" his kids and calling them little f******. This makes me feel really uncomfortable. It was even in Austrian television as a friend told me. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 19, 2020 8:52 pm  #28

I know.
Back in the good ole' days, when Amanda and Martin were still together...oh and also when Simon Pegg was still on Twitter!
Anyhow, I remember Amanda laughing to Simon about a then...10 year old son swearing.
Martin is from a large, traditional Catholic family...I have no doubt that those kids would have 'got a good hiding', if they misbehaved.

February 19, 2020 9:37 pm  #29

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one!  I've seen those quotes and seen other people backing him up over it - I did read him saying something similar a while back and it made me uncomfortable then, so I avoided reading the articles.    I don't think he's an awful person for doing it or admitting to it, of course, and it's probably good that he's highlighting the normal things parents go through, but I do feel sad that the tone I'm picking up on from the artcles coming up is that it's fine to smack, swear and shout at children. Big difference between showing the struggles of parents to do the right thing and sometimes getting it wrong (who doesn't?, and condoning it or even seeing it as desirable.

February 20, 2020 11:13 am  #30

Well said, Liberty. I feel the same. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 23, 2020 10:28 pm  #31

I feel like I've missed something about the interview quotes you are referring to...
I thought the teaser on Instagram not that bad, though. The line about "Who is happy with two kids?" was not my favourite, but I know there's struggles for parents and they can get impatient during the difficult situations. Hard to judge the whole series based on a few seconds, though, unless there's more available that  I'm not aware of.

Clueing for looks.

February 25, 2020 11:56 am  #32

March 3, 2020 8:07 pm  #33

Only just caught up on the interview...I think mentioned above.
Thought he was reasonable in what he said about Sherlock.

March 10, 2020 2:32 pm  #34

Some Breeders gifs:

March 10, 2020 5:23 pm  #35

Remembering his old smoking days and Dad duty...

Board footera