BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2019 7:02 am  #42621

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 17, 2019 3:16 pm  #42622

Liking this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 17, 2019 6:57 pm  #42623

Oh! What is that photo from?

Clueing for looks.

September 17, 2019 7:00 pm  #42624

I was wondering, too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 20, 2019 3:47 pm  #42625

My best guess is it's from The Current War.

Clueing for looks.

October 2, 2019 2:57 pm  #42626

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 24, 2019 1:35 pm  #42627

December 25, 2019 4:48 pm  #42628

Beautiful ! So many curls.
How can he have such beautiful hair after years of dyeing in many colors ?

December 26, 2019 1:03 am  #42629

Some "good hair" genes probably run in his family. 
He looks absolutely fabulous sporting those curls, indeed.

December 26, 2019 8:20 am  #42630

I suppose hair dyes are maybe better quality these days.  I have friends who have dyed for many years and have beautiful hair.  I would think bleaching is the most damaging, but even if there's damage it would hopefully grow out quite soon as he has short hair.  And he probably uses something on it to make it look in good condition.   I do love the curls!

December 26, 2019 9:40 am  #42631

Indeed he has "good genes", not only for the hair. 

December 27, 2019 11:07 pm  #42632

I agree. 

January 22, 2020 3:00 pm  #42633

January 22, 2020 7:09 pm  #42634

Benedict and cats, the perfect combination for me. 

January 22, 2020 7:11 pm  #42635

Totally agree!

January 23, 2020 7:26 pm  #42636

That umbrella photo makes me feel like he's trying to talk to someone (me? the person with the camera?) about getting shelter from the rain or something.

Clueing for looks.

January 24, 2020 6:32 am  #42637

Of course he does because when it's raining, curls go on their own way, no matter what you put on. 

January 24, 2020 6:33 am  #42638

And we love the curls!

January 24, 2020 7:42 am  #42639

Yes, we do love curls.
And apart from the fact he plays again a mentaly disturbed person, he seems to be lovely in this movie.
I used to read books from Louisa May Alcott, which had always Louis Wain's cats on coverts and didn't know he was well known. In France, at least.

January 24, 2020 5:37 pm  #42640

Yes I recently saw one of his illustrations, but I cannot remember which book it was in!

Board footera