BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 29, 2019 3:56 pm  #1

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Any of you who follow me on Tumblr (I'm not sure anyone who does is regular on here anymore) know that this month I've become thoroughly obsessed with the series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. My mum got us a free trial of Amazon Prime video for the month of December, so in that time we've watched all 3 seasons currently out, and I love it. I haven't been this obsessed with a show since I first started watching Sherlock in 2015. I love the friendship between the main character, Miriam, and her manager Susie, and now that I've seen the show I understand why it's earned so many award nominations for the cast and crew. 
Has anyone else here watched it?

Clueing for looks.

December 29, 2019 5:34 pm  #2

Re: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Not yet but it sounds very interesting. Will check it out. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 30, 2019 6:30 pm  #3

I really love that it has such a strong female friendship at the heart of it (although, like Sherlock, plenty of people ship them romantically). It's also got a lot of humour, since it's about a standup comedian (though the humour comes from non-standup scenes too).

Last edited by Yitzock (December 30, 2019 6:33 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 30, 2019 6:43 pm  #4

It's on my watchlist, and I've heard good things about it but have so much to get through!  Thank you for the recommendation.

Board footera