BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2019 12:29 pm  #1

Amanda Abbington inThe Son(D of Y)

I never had chance to see Amanda in Abigail's Party.
But thankfully I got tickets for this.
I took one of my husband's best friends.
Now I still would have gone to see it, but I kind of wish I had realised what it was about...before I went!
Just so I could have been a little more prepared.
I need to say from the onset: excellent play and the cast did it really well.
If you don't want to be spoiled, look away now...

Unfortunately for me, the play is about a teenage suicide,
So when at the end, the rest of the theatre gave the players a (well deserved) standing ovation...
me and my pal just sat there stunned.
For those of you who don't know, I losy my husband to suicide, 2 years ago.
So it was traumatic and a bit too close to home for us.
But I am still glad I saw it and they really did handle a very difficult subject, incredibly well.
I tweeted Amanda and explained the circumstances.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2019 6:16 pm  #2

Re: Amanda Abbington inThe Son(D of Y)

Thank you for the review, BB. 

I'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to prepare - that must have been a shock.  Maybe it was good that you were with a close friend of your husband's even though it must have been so difficult for both of you.

I don't think I'm going to get to see this, which is a shame.  It does sound really good, and I'd love to see Amanda on stage.

October 21, 2019 6:29 pm  #3

Re: Amanda Abbington inThe Son(D of Y)

Yep it was another off my list!
Amanda is very good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera