BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2012 7:34 pm  #701

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

May I rock the cradle only for some minutes, AG, please. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2012 7:36 pm  #702

SusiGo wrote:

May I rock the cradle only for some minutes, AG, please. 

Sure. *pushes over*  You rock, I'll gawk, and then we can trade places for awhile. Works for me!

September 16, 2012 7:40 pm  #703

And for me.   

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 16, 2012 9:35 pm  #704

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 16, 2012 9:41 pm  #705

Now then. Is that teddy tired from walking round and round the garden?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 16, 2012 9:43 pm  #706

I don't know the teddy... I posted it mostly because of the lullaby. 

September 16, 2012 10:47 pm  #707

tobeornot221b wrote:

Having just watched the pilot I thought it might be of scientific interest to you if I posted a Sherlock picture that was taken under pilot lab conditions... *whistles innocently*

Oh wow... that neck... Completely sexy.  Great picture!  And he does look young!  How old was he there, 33?  Only 4 years older than I am now. :D  Definitely saving this one to my hard drive.

September 17, 2012 12:19 am  #708

BrightBlueEyes wrote:

This is my favourite video. It sums up, to me at least, why Sherlock calls himself a Sociopath and is so amazed by John.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDvVhV9n33A&feature=bf_next&list=FLrV6XyKSsYOPbZb0XreXkVg

Haha this cracked me up!  (I went back to the beginning of this thread to catch up...)  Found some great pics but there are also a few that I love that haven't been posted yet...  Coming up shortly!

September 17, 2012 12:30 am  #709

Here's one I found today - totally adorable in that hoodie!

And for the fall weather coming up soon...

September 17, 2012 12:52 am  #710

I'm glad I can see (and observe) this thread objectively and not become all fangirly like....oh, sorry, I just couldn't keep going with a straight face.

Thank you for the cute, cute pics from the pilot. I'm totally into the dark hair, too, but that could be because my crush is actually on Ben as Sherlock, and Sherlock has to have dark hair.

I only look at the other pictures because they happen to be there.

September 17, 2012 6:09 am  #711

Lab conditions, objective observers, we're getting quite scientific.

Mattlocked, thanks for the Rühmann song, I remember the wonderfully sentimental film with the little boy.

Thanks for all the nice photos, a good way to start the day. 

September 17, 2012 8:19 pm  #712

Oh – forgetful me! I don't want to dismiss you into the night without the accompaniment of a reliable guard who is valued widely only by reason of his inner values and his optically calming effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2012 8:25 pm  #713

Oh yes, I can feel the calming effect........ *fainting*

September 17, 2012 8:35 pm  #714

Fetch the smelling salts someone! (Wo)man down!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2012 8:35 pm  #715

Calming? You call that calming? Now I'm going to dream of those eyes. 

September 18, 2012 12:39 am  #716

Davina wrote:

Now then. Is that teddy tired from walking round and round the garden?

Or in a state of nervous exhaustion from the tickling? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 18, 2012 12:25 pm  #717

Some strictly scientific hand appreciation:

September 18, 2012 12:44 pm  #718

SusiGo wrote:

Some strictly scientific hand appreciation:

Nice. One of the images, of course, is of Mycroft's hands. He has nice ones, too!

September 18, 2012 12:48 pm  #719

Oh, I didn't see this but of course you're right. The one below on the left, wearing the ring we don't know anything about so far. And the brolly.

September 18, 2012 2:49 pm  #720

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, I didn't see this but of course you're right. The one below on the left, wearing the ring we don't know anything about so far. And the brolly.

I always wondered if it were Mark's own wedding ring-- some married gay folks wear their ring(s) on the right hand, at least here in the States. Not like him to overlook a small thing like that, though, wear his own ring by accident-- I think all the writers and showrunners have a real close eye for detail. It'd be nice if Mycroft wears the ring for a reason, as you say, that we don't know anything about so far. I remember seeing Mark as himself in some interview or other wearing a gold band on each hand, for what that's worth.

Board footera