BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 18, 2019 5:27 pm  #1841

Re: Chit-chat

Maybe I'm naive, but I think that's probably it - there's no decision to stop, so they haven't announced it.  But at the same time, no plans for the next series.  It's sad to admit, but as time goes on, I feel it's less likely that there will be a S5, and the team will just keep moving on with other things and not getting round to it.  As S4 wasn't so well received, it might even be the best decision ... I just don't know, maybe it has just gone out of fashion for the moment.  I still love the idea of them doing a sequel many years from now, so I'm still going to hold out hope!

September 18, 2019 5:29 pm  #1842

Even a one-off special would be good!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 19, 2019 10:36 am  #1843

Indeed!
But I never really bought the no-time argument. The show was not a stopgap, something you do when there is nothing else available. We know that Peter Jackson even postponed Hobbit filming so Martin could do Sherlock. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 19, 2019 3:33 pm  #1844

But we have to allow the team to pursue other projects.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 20, 2019 3:53 pm  #1845

Yes. They all are interested in multiple things, which is normal and healthy (not to mention good for their careers, if we have to take that angle).

Clueing for looks.

December 24, 2022 3:56 pm  #1846

Merry Christmas everyone!
I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays and get to spend some time with family or friends in some way, or just enjoy yourselves.

Last edited by Yitzock (December 24, 2022 3:57 pm)

Clueing for looks.

December 24, 2022 3:58 pm  #1847

You, too, Yitzock. x

December 26, 2022 12:18 pm  #1848

Thank you, Yitzock!  I hope you are having a good festive season.

January 7, 2023 6:17 pm  #1849

My OneDrive account showed me a picture I uploaded on this day seven years ago. It was a drawing I forgot I had made, of John's hand reaching for Sherlock's in that handcuff scene. I think I was drawn to it as a way to practice drawing hands, which I've always found challenging. I had forgotten I'd drawn it, but one thing that I noticed when seeing it again today, was that the chain doesn't look very strong, I was clearly more focused on drawing the hands!

Clueing for looks.

May 6, 2023 12:37 am  #1850

I would like to share something kind of amusing (perhaps) that happened on tonight's episode of the quiz show, Jeopardy!. There was a clue asking for the names of the leads playing Sherlock and Watson on Sherlock. The first person to ring it guessed Benedict Cumberbatch and Jude Law. When they got deemed incorrect, another contestant rang in with the correct response. At first I thought mistaking Martin Freeman for Jude Law was odd, but then later on I remembered that Jude Law is in the Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes films. So he just got them mixed up, or conflated in his mind somehow. It reminded me I haven't actually watched any of them.

Clueing for looks.

May 6, 2023 8:56 am  #1851

I can see how that mixup could happen!  Maybe with Jude Law being a British actor of a similar age as well, it's kind of plausible that he might have been in it.  I had forgotten that he was in the films. I think I might have watched one of them, but clearly it didn't have the same effect on me as BBC Sherlock because I can't even remember!

Board footera