BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 23, 2018 10:29 am  #1

Ode to Joy

It seems this project doesn´t have a site yet, although it looks interesting. A photo from the filming:

http://b-a-g-g-i-n-s-h-i-e-l-d.tumblr.com/post/173175769830/martinfreeman-after-shooting-odetojoy-with

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 23, 2018 11:45 am  #2

Re: Ode to Joy

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 23, 2018 1:07 pm  #3

Oh, that sounds interesting! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 19, 2019 2:13 pm  #4

"Ode to Joy" will be screening at the international film festival - River Run - in the US at 4-th of April:

https://riverrunfilm.com/film/odetojoy/

March 19, 2019 2:18 pm  #5

March 19, 2019 2:36 pm  #6

Just read the plot synopsis. Looks like it could be a fun movie!

Clueing for looks.

March 22, 2019 12:34 pm  #7

Ode to Joy will also be screened at Florida Film Festival at 20-th and 21-st of April:

https://www.floridafilmfestival.com/films/ode-to-joy/

March 30, 2019 5:08 pm  #8

Oh, that sounds so perfect for Martin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 15, 2019 1:52 pm  #9

Ode to Joy has a poster out:

July 17, 2019 9:26 am  #10

Some scenes from the trailer:

July 18, 2019 1:20 pm  #11

July 19, 2019 6:34 pm  #12

Just watched the trailer. A few chuckles.

Clueing for looks.

August 8, 2019 1:20 pm  #13

August 9, 2019 9:06 pm  #14

Glad to see that, at least so far, it's getting positive reception (and Martin's performance, too).

Clueing for looks.

August 10, 2019 9:37 am  #15

Very positive review.  I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Board footera