BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 1, 2019 9:10 am  #2141

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Btw, you might like this fic, besley. You could always skip the last chapter. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 1, 2019 10:00 am  #2142

I have actually enjoyed different fics I has read over the years, mainly for beta purposes...
even some clever crossovers.
Also, remember, I don't mind Johnlock in fan fic- that's exactly where it belongs!
Fan fic reading is just not something I'm really into.
I do read a lot, but either e-books or real books.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 2, 2019 7:34 am  #2143

besleybean wrote:

Quite right, Susi.
When I saw the reply notification I thought, nice to see Schmiezi back!

Thank you for the nice welcome back. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 2, 2019 10:16 am  #2144

Coincidentally when I was sorting through my papers at the weekend, I found a postcard you had sent me- years ago!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 3, 2019 4:16 pm  #2145

SusiGo wrote:

I stumbled upon this clever written fic which presents a new take on their first meeting. A really good story and worth reading: 

The Dead Detective[/url] (37781 words) by [url=https://archiveofourown.org/users/DiscordantWords]DiscordantWords
Chapters: 9/9
Fandom: Sherlock (TV)
Rating: Mature
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson
Characters: John Watson, Sherlock Holmes, Sarah Sawyer, Jim Moriarty, Mary Morstan, Irene Adler (Sherlock Holmes), Lady Smallwood (Sherlock), Mycroft Holmes, Vivian Norbury, Sally Donovan, Molly Hooper
Additional Tags: Spies & Secret Agents, Alternate Universe, Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Post-Reichenbach, BAMF John Watson, Jumpin Jack Flash Fusion, Fandom Trumps Hate
Summary: 

John Watson has spent the last three years of his life simply going through the motions. A chance encounter with a man claiming to be a stranded spy changes everything.

Just finished the first chapter. I see what you mean about it being an interesting take on their first meeting. I'm curious to see how the rest of it goes.

Clueing for looks.

September 26, 2019 6:34 pm  #2146

I just read this fic which is a Sherlock/Me Before You crossover but with a different ending. I could not stop reading, be ready for lots of heartbreak and romance. 

Proving A Point[/url] (186269 words) by [url=https://archiveofourown.org/users/J_Baillier]J_Baillier[/url], [url=https://archiveofourown.org/users/elldotsee]elldotsee
Chapters: 31/31
Fandom: Sherlock (TV), [url=https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Sherlock%20Holmes%20*a*%20Related%20Fandoms]Sherlock Holmes & Related Fandoms[/url]
Rating: Explicit
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Sherlock Holmes/John Watson, Mycroft Holmes & Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes & Natalia Mullan, Mycroft Holmes & John Watson, Sherlock Holmes & Greg Lestrade, Sherlock Holmes & Molly Hooper, Sherlock Holmes & Mrs. Hudson, Harry Watson & John Watson
Characters: Sherlock Holmes, John Watson, Mycroft Holmes, Greg Lestrade, Molly Hooper, Natalia Mullan, Mrs. Hudson (Sherlock Holmes), Isobel Holmes, Sophie who actually really IS a housekeeper, Harry Watson, Leo Brinley, various case-related OCs
Additional Tags: Angst, Romance, Depression, medical ethics, John is a smitten summer sausage, Insecure Sherlock, Serious Illness, Permanent Injury, POV John Watson, Sherlock Whump, bamf!Watson, John is a Very Good Doctor, But maybe an ex-surgeon, Injury Recovery, Physical rehabilitation, Medical Realism, Assisted Suicide, Sherlock's Violin, Awkward Sexual Situations, Alcoholism, sherlock holmes and drugs, Idiots in Love, Slow Burn, Body Image, Friends to Lovers, Hurt/Comfort, Pain, Mycroft being a good big brother, Intimacy, Caretaker burnout, Anxiety, PTSD, Sherlock Is A Bit Not Good, Family Issues, Psychological Trauma, With all the trimmings, Loneliness, casefic, Heavily inspired by the novel "Me Before You", sibling relationships, John Whump, holidays are for murder, Also Mycroft being an overbearing busybody, but mostly of the emotional variety, rage!turnip!bamf!captain!watson, Greece, not quite sex holidays, Don't copy to another site
Series: Part 1 of Care And Companionship
Summary: 

Invalided home from Afghanistan, running out of funds and convinced that his surgical career is over, John Watson accepts a mysterious job offer to provide care and companionship for a disabled person. Little does he know how much hangs in the balance of his performance as he settles into his new life at Musgrave Court.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Board footera