BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2012 1:09 am  #1

Sherlock Newsletter Mock-up

Hey, everyone!  Veecee asked me a couple weeks back on another thread if I would show the fake newsletter I'm creating for a class.  Well, I'm not exactly done, but I thought you guys might like to see how it's coming along.

This is basically how it would look in a person's email inbox.  Obviously the current text is not going to be the main article, since it makes no sense and there are probably a load of typos.  It was early in the morning when I was working on this and I hadn't had my tea yet.  And there will be pictures!

Last edited by Lieutenant C. (September 16, 2012 4:01 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I dug this bullet out of that wall three hours before you said that somebody fired it at you three minutes ago.  You're under arrest, sir."
~Lt. Columbo, Candidate for Crime

September 16, 2012 2:28 am  #2

Re: Sherlock Newsletter Mock-up

I think the link is broken, Lieut, and I would like to see it. Could you post it again?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 16, 2012 3:21 am  #3

Link not working fo rme, either.

September 16, 2012 4:01 am  #4

Re-uploaded.  Did that work?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I dug this bullet out of that wall three hours before you said that somebody fired it at you three minutes ago.  You're under arrest, sir."

September 16, 2012 7:27 am  #5

Well I can see it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 16, 2012 10:43 am  #6

Lieutenant C. wrote:

Re-uploaded.  Did that work?

Cheers! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 16, 2012 6:25 pm  #7

Good to know.  After letting myself mull over it for twenty-four hours, I can't help but notice all the little nit-picky things I'd like to change.  About the only thing I'm really liking is the color scheme, and I'm not at all pleased with that placeholder text.  Maybe because I wrote the preamble to the Constitution from memory... Oy vey, I need a life.

Board footera