BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2017 5:10 am  #1

Hi there!

Salut! I'm new (obviously) and I'm located in Florida, USA. (boo, hiss...)

So... I always seem to be late to the party when it comes to fandom things, so I'm sure most of the obsession has faded. BUT I am currently absolutely obsessed with this series, and I'd love to find some fellow fans willing to obsess with me. And yes... I obsess. I've got dozens of theories (well, OK, at least one) related to Series 4, and YES, they make perfect sense in my head. So. Much. Sense. Much more sense than looking at it literally?  Yeah, sounds good to me.

My favorite aspect of the whole series is (predictably) the friendship between John Watson and Sherlock Holmes. They are just... Hm. Something. I hesitate to call myself a "shipper," or whatever it's called, of those two, but there's definitely something going on there. So I love the dynamic, the "are they? aren't they?" The "friendship that transcends most other friendships." All that magical stuff. Ha!

Sigh.

Anyway, hi.

Signed,
Just another obsessed fan.

(Fan secret: I'm an American who lives in the "deep south." We speak  s l o w  here. I've taken to -- embarrassingly enough -- putting on the subtitles while watching "Sherlock." Y'all just speak too fast, and even though I watch plenty of British television, and seem to follow along well enough, I still sometimes have trouble understanding. One time I mistook "title" for "turtle." Yes, it's true.)

Lestrade: "Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
Lestrade: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
Holmes: "That was the curious incident." 

April 22, 2017 6:04 am  #2

Re: Hi there!

Hi there!
Welcome to the madness

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 22, 2017 7:26 am  #3

Welcome to the forum!  It's a good place to obsess.  I'm from the UK, but I often put subtitles on too.   It's not that I speak slowly, more that I think slowly!

April 22, 2017 12:16 pm  #4

Hi, welcome to the forum

All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage.

October 30, 2018 10:59 am  #5

Hi! Can you help me with an essay about Sherlock? I've found a website with examples ​https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/immigration/, but there is nothing about Sherlock

February 27, 2019 4:54 pm  #6

Hello alexia! Sherlock talks fast often, so I can understand the challenge! Feel free to share all the obsession you want to.

Clueing for looks.

March 29, 2019 8:18 am  #7

Very useful examples on sherlock

March 29, 2019 8:23 am  #8

TinaDixon wrote:

Hi! Can you help me with an essay about Sherlock? I've found a website with examples ​<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://artscolumbia.org/category/death-penalty-essays/, but there is nothing about Sherlock

I also cannot find useful examples on Sherlock and trying also to find essays on death penalty

Board footera