BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 28, 2018 9:06 pm  #61

Re: New Dracula show for the BBC

Just been exchanging tweets with Michael Price and I gather he is doing the music for this.
Glad the old team is back together again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 30, 2018 7:58 am  #62

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 30, 2018 6:14 pm  #63

I'm not familiar with him. Maybe our Danish members can tell me more about him?  He certainly looks the part!  Time for some youtubing, I think! 

November 30, 2018 6:25 pm  #64

He's already being predicted to be the new Cumberbatch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 30, 2018 6:29 pm  #65

I haven't seen him in anything before, either, but he was in that film The Square, which I have heard about but haven't had the chance to see yet.

Clueing for looks.

November 30, 2018 7:01 pm  #66

Oh yes, that one's on my watchlist.  Maybe I'll try to see it before Dracula finally airs. 

December 1, 2018 7:25 pm  #67

Well, I do not need a new Cumberbatch - I am quite happy with the old one - but Claes Bang looks great. No idea why there have always to be comparisons but Mofftiss seem to have a weakness for Danish villains. 
Just had a look at Wikipedia. Funny, he has done a lot of German television work but I never consciously saw him before.

Last edited by SusiGo (December 1, 2018 7:27 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2018 7:27 pm  #68

They have said they love the Danish shows...
I think it's more that people are predicting this show could launch Claes, the way Sherlock launched Benedict.

December 1, 2018 9:39 pm  #69

I guess it's possible, if it develops a strong fan following.

Clueing for looks.

February 13, 2019 3:03 pm  #70

The official confirmation of Mark Gatiss taking part in the cast of this project:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-11/dracula-tv-show-cast-mark-gatiss-joins/

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 13, 2019 3:06 pm  #71

And Dracula will be a "radical reinterpretention" according to this article:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-12/dracula-will-be-the-hero-of-his-own-story-in-radical-reinterpretation-by-sherlock-creators/

Hmmm.... Dracula as a blood donor, maybe?

February 13, 2019 6:21 pm  #72

Can't wait...and I was delighted when I heard Mark is in it, too.

February 14, 2019 8:49 am  #73

nakahara wrote:

And Dracula will be a "radical reinterpretention" according to this article:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-12/dracula-will-be-the-hero-of-his-own-story-in-radical-reinterpretation-by-sherlock-creators/

Hmmm.... Dracula as a blood donor, maybe?

Blood donor!

Vampires tend to the good guys in fiction these days, don't they?  So it could be more sympathetic.  Making him the hero, I wonder if that means that it will be more his point of view than in the book?  Point of view of an "evil" main character seem populour these days too.  Looking forward to it. 

Last edited by Liberty (February 14, 2019 8:52 am)

February 28, 2019 9:02 am  #74

Wooow!
One of our tabloids just wrote, that BBC Dracula will be filmed here in Slovakia, between 4-th and 10-th of March, on Starý Zámok (Old Castle) in Banská Štiavnica!
The offcial museum web of Banská Štiavnica confirms this!

https://www.muzeumbs.sk/article/sk/v-starom-zamku-budu-natacat-drakulu

Wonderful! I am quite tempted to go on a little holiday there next week.

Orava Castle, which was the fimling site of "Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens" would be used too, as well as the nice traditional village of Zuberec.

Can´t wait!

February 28, 2019 11:27 am  #75

February 28, 2019 2:13 pm  #76

Cool! I can see why they would choose that location.

Clueing for looks.

February 28, 2019 2:26 pm  #77

Wow, what stunning locations!  I wonder if they'll visit some of Slovakia's beautiful rural areas as well?  I've read a couple of the Witcher books in translation - interesting that they will be filming there too.  Thank you for the news, Nakahara. I can't wait to hear if you do manage to make it to see the filming!

February 28, 2019 3:01 pm  #78

Zuberec is situated near wonderful Roháče and Orava itself is beautiful and wild, so maybe they will be masked as Transylvania in the series?

Well, I hope I won´t be too tired next week to do some travelling. Wish me luck!

February 28, 2019 5:26 pm  #79

Absolutely beautiful!  Wishing you health and energy for next week! Good luck!

February 28, 2019 7:28 pm  #80

Looking good!

Board footera