BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2017 10:41 am  #381

Re: Letters Live

Sorry for the late update but you have probably read about it elsewhere and already booked your tickets anyway... Letters Live returns to Union Chapel London next year in March. I only booked a ticket for the last of three nights (March 9) since I plan to be in London on that weekend. I'm going to skip a John Cale show at the Barbican so I can attend Letters Live so their lineup better be spectacular... 

Tickets quickly sold out on Ticketmaster but are still available from the Union Chapel website.
https://store.unionchapel.org.uk/letters-live

In other news, they also announced their first ever public U.S. event. Letters Live Los Angeles, 26 February 2018.
http://letterslive.com/events/

Last but not least, tune in to BBC Radio 2 today from 8-10pm for a special Letters Live from Maida Vale Studios. Letters Live posted this on Twitter yesterday:
"We're heading to Maida Vale studios tomorrow to take part in @jowhiley's Christmas Knees Up on @BBCRadio2. Woop! A few Letters Live favourites will be reading some festive letters amongst the live music & chat. Listen live 8-10pm. 🎄🎄🎄"

Last edited by diva (December 20, 2017 10:44 am)

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

December 20, 2017 10:57 am  #382

Thank you for the update. 

And soon there will be a Letters Live in the US as well:

http://letterslive.com/event/letters-live-los-angeles/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 22, 2017 6:49 am  #383

Can't make either, but enjoy people!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 18, 2018 6:42 pm  #384

Letters Live returns to London for a show on 4th December 2018 at Alexandra Palace. Tickets on sale Friday 19th October 2018 at 10 am.
https://www.seetickets.com/event/letters-live/alexandra-palace-theatre/1278830

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

October 18, 2018 6:44 pm  #385

So I see...
Anyone going?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 19, 2018 10:15 am  #386

I bought a ticket (was lucky to get one because they sold out quickly and it seems the sale started earlier than announced) but I’m not 100% sure if I can go. December is always very busy at work so I’ll probably decide last minute if I can squeeze in a short trip to London.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

October 19, 2018 3:36 pm  #387

Yeah, December was a no go for me and I couldn't even fit in Jamuary in the end...
Not yet even sure if I can make my usual April trip!
Loved it when I was there last week, though.

December 7, 2018 1:05 pm  #388

Three new Letters Live shows at Union Chapel London 7-9 March 2019. Tickets went on general sale today. Booking turned out to be quite a nightmare, Ticketmaster only available for those who live in the UK/ Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland.
I finally managed to book via the website of the venue but it took me several hours because the website kept crashing and giving error messages, or seemed to require membership for booking although it was supposed to be general sale.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

February 8, 2019 10:24 am  #389

So happy! I managed to get two tickets via resale. I planned my London trip only weeks ago when all regular tickets were sold out. And I got them at a reasonable price on the regular website. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 8, 2019 10:35 am  #390

Happy woman!
Wish you a nice trip to London and a nice experience with LL!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 8, 2019 5:05 pm  #391

I'm glad it's worked out so well, Susi!  Enjoy!

March 10, 2019 7:05 pm  #392

Just back from London, and I can happily report this was one of the best run of shows I’ve seen. Benedict took part in all three nights. My favourite show was probably Friday night, with Olivia Colman (she got standing ovations when she entered the stage), and Benedict and Louise treating us to a beautiful performance of “My Dear Bessie.”

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

March 10, 2019 7:06 pm  #393

Good to hear...
Glad you enjoyed it.

March 11, 2019 5:52 pm  #394

I'm not surprised Olivia got such a warm reception. It must have been cool to be in the same room as an Oscar-winner.

Clueing for looks.

March 11, 2019 6:58 pm  #395

diva wrote:

Just back from London, and I can happily report this was one of the best run of shows I’ve seen. Benedict took part in all three nights. My favourite show was probably Friday night, with Olivia Colman (she got standing ovations when she entered the stage), and Benedict and Louise treating us to a beautiful performance of “My Dear Bessie.”

I was there as well with my son and we enjoyed the show very much. Great cast and a very deserving cause. I would have loved to see the teenage girl from Fridays for Future on Saturday as well. I am very proud that they chose to give this urgent cause a platform and from the pics I saw Benedict was lovely with them. I would definitely love to come again. 

March 11, 2019 7:01 pm  #396

Glad you all had such a good time.

March 13, 2019 3:00 pm  #397

Just jealous.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 13, 2019 10:28 pm  #398

Letters Live just announced their biggest event so far: 3rd October 2018 at the Royal Albert Hall! Tickets go on sale this week on Friday 15th March.

(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

March 14, 2019 6:38 am  #399

Just when I thought I might actually be able to make this one...I don't actually break up from school until th next day!

March 15, 2019 8:08 am  #400

I got tickets! And I really hope that Brexit won't mess up my trip.  

Board footera