BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2012 9:21 am  #41

Re: what happened was simple

Banbha wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

OK you two; let's not play Doctors & nurses here.

I'll blush!

I actually am a nurse. They pay me to play that game.

And I actually am a doctor. They pay me to do all sorts of things, and I tend to be quite committed - lol

Last edited by The Doctor (September 15, 2012 9:23 am)

September 15, 2012 9:48 am  #42

Yes the fact that you two ARE in these roles wasn't the issue.  It was the potential for the game that I thought was amusing .

Never mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 16, 2012 12:38 pm  #43

kazza474 wrote:

Yes the fact that you two ARE in these roles wasn't the issue.  It was the potential for the game that I thought was amusing .

Never mind.

I don't believe either of us said it was an issue, either.

Sometimes people like to talk about things that aren't necessarily on your agenda.

Last edited by Banbha (September 16, 2012 12:41 pm)

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 16, 2012 12:42 pm  #44

The Doctor wrote:

Banbha wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

OK you two; let's not play Doctors & nurses here.

I'll blush!

I actually am a nurse. They pay me to play that game.

And I actually am a doctor. They pay me to do all sorts of things, and I tend to be quite committed - lol

*groans*

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 16, 2012 1:28 pm  #45

This thread has mutated into something extraordinary, medically speaking of course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2012 3:22 am  #46

Banbha wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Never mind.

Sometimes people like to talk about things that aren't necessarily on your agenda.

*sighs*
It wasn't an agenda, it was a joke.
Playing "Doctors and Nurses" is used metaphorically for 'a bit of hanky panky' so to speak.

Why are people so uptight around here geez?!!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 17, 2012 3:28 am  #47

I got the joke Kazza. Must be an Aussie thing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

September 17, 2012 3:33 am  #48

Wholocked wrote:

I got the joke Kazza. Must be an Aussie thing

Nah, I know it's used in other countries. It's all in my delivery; I have to hide under another name. THEN it'll be funny.
*rolls eyes*

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

September 17, 2012 9:12 am  #49

lol, I was enjoying the innuendo and implying in my best Sherlock-tone that this, indeed, could be very entertaining.

What is it with electronic communication? I didn't mean to offend.. *best Sherlock muttering*

September 18, 2012 1:32 pm  #50

kazza474 wrote:

Banbha wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

Never mind.

*sighs*
It wasn't an agenda, it was a joke.
Playing "Doctors and Nurses" is used metaphorically for 'a bit of hanky panky' so to speak.

Why are people so uptight around here geez?!!!!!

*shrugs* I didn't know anyone was being uptight.

October 3, 2012 6:41 pm  #51

Hi Swanpride, we've been discussing those points at lenght in the Reichenbach section. Just have a look!
Just one thing: It is absolutely impossible imo to jump off the roof and land on the truck which is way too far away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 3, 2012 7:32 pm  #52

Jumping onto the truck - even if it was parked as close as possible to the building - would have included the risk of breaking every possible bone.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

October 3, 2012 8:00 pm  #53

Swanpride wrote:

I'm sure that all the people in the space between the parking garage and the hospital are in the plan ...

This would mean a lot of people in the plan already. Could be dangerous...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 3, 2012 11:18 pm  #54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0Hu2BSHiAg&feature=related
I found this while listening to some soundtrack from the show....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Geniuses are often obsessive, and their clarity of intellectual insight can be depressing and isolating: by nature geniuses march to a different drum." - Ron Bracey

October 4, 2012 9:07 am  #55

The Doctor wrote:

NW16XE wrote:

There is generally a 50/50 chance of surviving a 5 story accidental fall

Sorry to butt in but the question is not if you survive. BUT HOW! In other words, the chances of making it out of this without on-going medical issues/disabilities/brain injuries resulting in loss of analytical/emotional/rational processing abilities etc are minimal. In other words, yes, you can survive - but you really do not want to know the price you will have to pay.
Gattis and Moffat most likely didn't go for those solution as they gave further hints ('stay where you are', cyclist etc).

Even aside from any skull/brain damage,  I was more thinking about the damage to the bones of the legs and pelvis in a feet-first fall. Extensive orthopedic surgery, pins placed, a body cast, traction, etc, with a long, painful recovery and many many months of PT would follow something like that, if survival were even possible in the first place.

No, I believe that something broke his fall. He wouldn't have jumped, risking permanent injury (imagine a Sherlock content to live in a wheelchair-- IMO he really would rather be dead) or at the very least a long, involved, expensive, painful recovery. No, we saw him standing in the graveyard watching John and Mrs. H not too long after the event. I'm pretty sure he arranged something to break his fall.

October 4, 2012 9:11 am  #56

NW16XE wrote:

So the orderlies probably are planted. What I spend most of my time trying to figure out is whether he did fall straight to the pavement, or if his fall was broken. Mofftiss said they didn't cheat, so I assume that it is possible (if not probable, for me ) to determine what happened from the footage shown so far.
The other thing that bothers me is the rubber ball. If it is pointless, it certainly got a lot of air time. No idea what it could be about, though.

I believe the laundry truck is significant. It's there when he hits the deck (or whatever he hits, lol). As the camera zooms in on the scene, it pulls away almost immediately. If you were a truck driver, and someone had just fallen off a roof right beside your truck, would you just.... leave? Wouldn't you get out and gawk, like everyone else? Human nature being what it is, I think he wouldn't just drive away, which implies to me that the truck and its contents and its driver were all in on it somehow. ???

October 4, 2012 9:13 am  #57

Wholocked wrote:

I believe the solution will be fairly simple, but it won't be that he just jumped and hoped he might survive. That's not a chance he would take. He arranged/did something to ensure his survival, not just survival, but lack of injury too.

I agree. In fact, I think this much is obvious, given the scene with Molly not long before the fall. "I need YOU." She could supply the physical stuff he needed to protect him and to make John and the hired assassins believe he was dead.

March 10, 2013 6:21 pm  #58

Hey all,

I've been reading this discussion with interest- it's amazing how many theories there are and the details some people noticed.
I was wondering- if the body we see landing on the pavement had been thrown out of the window by Molly or something like that, as suggested earlier, and had been replaced with the real Sherlock (covered in fake blood and possibly having a rubber ball under his armpit) - how would he have gotten down from the roof so quickly?
It must have been himself who let himself fall, but the body which is bouncing off the pavement doesn't look like him. How could he have broken his fall?
And another (though admittedly minor) point is that he wearing the beloved coat while watching John at the cemetery- if he had worn it during the "suicide", wouldn´t it have suffered as well?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

March 11, 2013 12:19 pm  #59

To my opinion it was Sherlock who fell from the roof down to the pavement (when he is turned aound we can see his face - it´s definitely Sherlock). No other body in play. Yes, something must have interrupted softly his fall during the flight - whatever, that´s the big question: the garbage truck itself, a matrace or net or something from the garbage truck, etc. -, and after a few milli-seconds he finally let himself fell down onto the pavement from a very much lower height. Btw, that could be also the explanation for lying in the wrong angle towards the roof.
There is the small house between St. Barts and John´s taxi - John couldn´t see the last few metres of Sherlock´s fall. So the possible mean of interruption must have been something which one could make disappear very quickly again afterwards - I am still a fan of the truck theory, to collect a net or matrace so fast seems to be nearly impossible to me. But who knows , it´s a magic trick...
And to the coat: A little freedom of art should be allowed .

March 11, 2013 4:20 pm  #60

Lupin wrote:

Also, no doctor worth his salt would move a patient who suffered a fall like that before examining that the back/neck hasn't been broken and it's safe to move the body. Even if he did jump, the abnormal behavior of the hospital staff would suggest a great case for a malpractice suit and seems a bit out of the ordinary, no?

They would if they concluded he was dead. 

"I demand to be incarcerated in the Tower immediately! With my co-conspirators, Sandshoes and Grandad"
"If you really are me, with your Sandshoes and your Dicky bow, then that calculation is still going on."
"Well, me and Chinny, we were surprised, but you came looking for us."

Board footera