BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 12, 2018 5:32 pm  #181

Re: Patrick Melrose

The show has won five Emmy nominations: best actor, best limited series, best director, best writer, best cast. Congrats and keeping fingers crossed for September. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 12, 2018 5:51 pm  #182

SusiGo wrote:

The show has won five Emmy nominations: best actor, best limited series, best director, best writer, best cast. Congrats and keeping fingers crossed for September. 

How could they not!?!?!
I would have broken things if they at least had not nominated Benedict and the show itself.
It is a work of art.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 12, 2018 7:18 pm  #183

That's good news for Benedict and the rest of the cast and crew! I wonder how many of those they will win.

Clueing for looks.

July 13, 2018 7:05 am  #184

Let's hope they win something!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 11, 2018 10:22 pm  #185

Scripts for all five episodes of Patrick Melrose can be found on this website:
http://www.emmys.com/awards/2018/writing

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

August 12, 2018 8:01 am  #186

Benedict deserves a win for this, he did a fantastic job!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 12, 2018 8:02 am  #187

Here's hoping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 18, 2018 6:56 am  #188

Sadly Patrick Melrose didn’t win in any category.

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

September 18, 2018 6:58 am  #189

Robbed again...
I just resign myself to the fact these days.

September 18, 2018 6:58 am  #190

Well, this is not news where Benedict is concerned. 
And I am sad not just for him but also for the whole cast and especially David Nicholls who turned these novels into scripts. Which is quite a miracle. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2018 2:38 pm  #191

I was kind of sad for Benedict and the rest of those involved that they didn't win anything. I thought Benedict had a good chance, considering all the different kinds of emotions he had to go through in the series and all the times in the show where he chews up the scenery. It seems he gets nominated for things a lot but hardly ever wins.

Clueing for looks.

March 28, 2019 10:06 am  #192

Six BAFTA nominations for the show: 
- best mini-series
- best actor
- best script drama
- best production design
- best original music
- best photography and lighting

March 28, 2019 5:32 pm  #193

Woohoo!
Some fans being a bit snippy about some of the other candidates, But Hugh was good!

March 30, 2019 4:52 pm  #194

Excellent!

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 31, 2019 2:35 pm  #195

Awesome!

Clueing for looks.

April 3, 2019 1:07 pm  #196

That´s great!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 12, 2019 10:40 pm  #197

BENEDICT FINALLY WON A BAFTA!!!!

Clueing for looks.

May 13, 2019 12:53 am  #198

YES!!!  It would have been an absolute CRIME if he had not won for Patrick Melrose.  The entire mini series was a masterpiece.  Also very pleased the mini series itself won too.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 13, 2019 5:09 am  #199

Party time!

May 16, 2019 12:36 pm  #200

Wonderful news! BAFTA was more than well-deserved this time around!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera