BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 3, 2018 5:03 pm  #1

New project: Ironbark

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 3, 2018 5:04 pm  #2

Re: New project: Ironbark

Yay!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 6, 2018 1:53 pm  #3

So, how many real people has he played now?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 6, 2018 6:56 pm  #4

Oh, I once made a list. Let me see: 

William Pitt
Alan Turing
Joseph Hooker
Stephen Hawking
Julian Assange
Thomas Edison
Werner Heisenberg
T. S. Eliot
Guy Burgess
The guy from The Other Boleyn Girl

I surely forgot about fifty. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 6, 2018 7:00 pm  #5

Burgess, Eliot and Heisenberg I haven't seen and need to.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 7, 2018 7:51 pm  #6

Benedict will be filming this project next according to his lovely recent interview. 

August 7, 2018 7:57 pm  #7

I had a complete blank about what this project was, when it was being discussed on Twitter today.
So thnk you for posting this.
I do remember about it now!

August 9, 2018 1:19 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, I once made a list. Let me see: 

William Pitt
Alan Turing
Joseph Hooker
Stephen Hawking
Julian Assange
Thomas Edison
Werner Heisenberg
T. S. Eliot
Guy Burgess
The guy from The Other Boleyn Girl

I surely forgot about fifty. 

I think you got most of the ones that I remember. The only ones I can think of that you didn't mention are Van Gogh, Bill Bulger, and the guy from that boxing movie that isn't out yet. But your point still stands!

Clueing for looks.

August 9, 2018 9:07 pm  #9

How could I forget van Gogh? Of course you are right and he was also in the Chatterton radio play. 

August 10, 2018 6:18 am  #10

I have to admit, I am not particularly interested in this movie. Spy movies aren't my thing (Tailer, Tinker, Soldier, Spy bored me to tears). 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

August 10, 2018 7:29 am  #11

I just didn't understand a word of TTSS...but I enjoyd watching the pretty!

October 2, 2018 3:45 pm  #12

October 2, 2018 3:47 pm  #13

Cool.

October 23, 2018 1:06 pm  #14

And the first images from the shooting are here. Some new image for Benedict too.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 23, 2018 1:07 pm  #15

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 23, 2018 1:23 pm  #16

I like the hat in the first picture. Jury's out on the moustache. The last picture kind of reminds me of something my dad wore when I was little, and he had a moustache at the time.

Clueing for looks.

October 23, 2018 1:28 pm  #17

The last time Benedict sported such moustache was in "Atonement", wasn´t it?
Some more pics:

October 23, 2018 3:32 pm  #18

For a role, people!
Can't wait to see this.

October 24, 2018 8:32 pm  #19

Oh, of course! I was just saying I don't know if I like the look of it on him. But I will say that it gives him a different air, which is important for playing a character that isn't himself. I think my initial reaction was more negative than what I think now.

Clueing for looks.

October 25, 2018 7:03 am  #20

From an aesthetic point of view I prefer other looks on him but what an actor! You can see even on the stills that he is someone completely different, face, posture, even the smile is not really his own. Can't wait to see this although I am not a big fan of spy films but then I liked TTSS as well. 

Board footera