BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2018 6:40 pm  #1

I bet we'll get a series 5

- So there will be an escape room experience in London. 
- Today Steven and Mark did a Q & A on Tumblr. (https://221b-investigates.tumblr.com)
- They will be posting news on this Tumblr: https://stardom.tumblr.com
- They have announced "a summer of Sherlock" 
- There will be "3 epic social media challenges" in July alone (from Twitter)
- The whole Omaze Red Nose Day experience with Steven, Mark, Andrew, Benedict, Una, and Loo. 

I am quite sure by now that the whole "series 4 is the last" thing was just a joke, a bait, whatever you want to call it. Because I do not believe that all this effort is just meant to draw people from all over the world to London to an escape room game. Especially since that long period of silence after S4.  Here we can collect any clues, ideas, wishes for and about a possible series 5. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 9, 2018 6:41 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 9, 2018 6:53 pm  #2

Re: I bet we'll get a series 5

I only ever understood that S 4 was the last for now, anyway.
Steven did say he presumed they would do another one...some time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 9, 2018 8:30 pm  #3

Well, after S4 I had the feeling here in the forum that many thought it was the end. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2018 6:30 am  #4

Yes to be fair, I was possibly one of that number!
Sorry, I thought you meant the BBC Team had specifically implied it was the last...ever!

Last edited by besleybean (July 10, 2018 4:42 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 10, 2018 3:39 pm  #5

I, too, thought that would only be a question of time before we might get a 5th series, though I was never certain it would happen. It did seem there was a consensus that there was interest in Steven, Mark, et al to make more though when that would be able to happen was yet to be known.
The fact that all of this marketing/tie-in stuff is happening would be a strong suggestion to the probability of a 5th series being made eventually, although sometimes certain series do manifest in other forms of media and marketing even when no more of it has been filmed.

Clueing for looks.

July 10, 2018 5:30 pm  #6

I thought that S4 would be the last for a very long time, possibly the end. And if it was - or is - I would be ok with it. The end is satisfying for me as it is.

All this new Sherlock PR at least makes me hopeful that they are not proclaiming it dead and finished (although I have never gotten the impression for any of them that they did in the first place). However, even if they never talked about a long break, I think it would still be too early to talk about a new season. It's been two-three years between each season, and it's only been a year since S4 aired. Even by regular Sherlock standard, that is nothing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 10, 2018 5:47 pm  #7

True. But if they were to maintain the usual interval, they would have to start writing by now, filming next year, and airing in 2020. 

Anyway, today they released the first challenge on Twitter which is really fun. In case you want to have a go:

https://twitter.com/221B/status/1016694324225040384

July 10, 2018 6:11 pm  #8

I had a glance at it and gave up...but maybe I should give it another go!

July 10, 2018 9:17 pm  #9

Hm... Number 1 I solved immediately. And shortly afterwards number 3...
I will have to look again at number 2 and 4.

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

July 11, 2018 6:45 am  #10

Yes I got No 1 straight away, too!

July 11, 2018 8:53 am  #11

Got number 3...

Got number 1... (I think)

I'm clueless as to number 2 and am unable to even understand what half the symbols mean in number 4.

Edit... yes, I got number 4!

Last edited by Vhanja (July 11, 2018 9:02 am)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 11, 2018 9:09 am  #12

I only managed no. 2 with a hint. 

July 11, 2018 9:18 am  #13

Aaaaand I got number 2! (After I read a hint). 

Sending them in! 

Team Hudders!

July 11, 2018 9:37 am  #14

I got 1, 3 and 4, but still stuck with number 2, and if there's a hint there, I'm missing it.  Sadly, I think I'm going to have to bow out of this one!

July 11, 2018 9:38 am  #15

I have missed it so far...

July 11, 2018 11:06 am  #16

No, I read the hint in the comment section on their Instagram post of this puzzle. 

Team Hudders!

July 12, 2018 5:55 pm  #17

Damn, can't get to Twitter at work. 

I will keep my hope alive until the day Steven and Mark take out a billboard in Picadilly Square that says THERE WILL BE NO MORE SHERLOCK.  And then I might still think they were lying.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 12, 2018 8:21 pm  #18

July 12, 2018 8:38 pm  #19

tonnaree wrote:

Damn, can't get to Twitter at work. 

It's also on Instagram and Facebook.

Team Hudders!

July 13, 2018 5:47 am  #20

SusiGo wrote:

- So there will be an escape room experience in London. 
- Today Steven and Mark did a Q & A on Tumblr. (https://221b-investigates.tumblr.com)
- They will be posting news on this Tumblr: https://stardom.tumblr.com
- They have announced "a summer of Sherlock" 
- There will be "3 epic social media challenges" in July alone (from Twitter)
- The whole Omaze Red Nose Day experience with Steven, Mark, Andrew, Benedict, Una, and Loo. 

I am quite sure by now that the whole "series 4 is the last" thing was just a joke, a bait, whatever you want to call it. Because I do not believe that all this effort is just meant to draw people from all over the world to London to an escape room game. Especially since that long period of silence after S4.  Here we can collect any clues, ideas, wishes for and about a possible series 5. 

“The Game Is Now” will be at the London Film & Comic Con. They announced it on Twitter a few days ago, more details will be revealed next week.

https://twitter.com/221b/status/1017378790916481024?s=21

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

Board footera