BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2012 4:57 am  #701

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

You have a dream about hanging out with MF/John and BC/Sherlock (I couldn't quite distinguish whether they were the actors or characters), like you're their buddy. Yes, this was me last night.  It was a cool dream though! 

September 15, 2012 6:38 am  #702

We also have another thread in this section of he forum about any dreams you may have had about Sherlock etc.

Last edited by Davina (September 15, 2012 6:39 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 15, 2012 1:40 pm  #703

Harriet wrote:

... when you rest on the sofa right after dental surgery, still drugged and drowsy from anaesthetics,
watching ASiB and feel a desire for a bed just flipping open
and someone to gently push you back into it after stumbling around
(but given the wound, you don't feel like stretching out already,
that's why you spend your day with Episode 1 und 2 -  and when they make great pain killers).
Better today!

Oh, you too! The day I watched "The Hound of Baskerville" was a wisdow teeth surgery day. I could barely laugh while my father was doing this loudly and ashamed looking at me. "Is that why you're calling yourself Greg?" "That's his name."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 15, 2012 2:09 pm  #704

ancientsgate wrote:

Banbha wrote:

Caroll wrote:

Someone tells you an uninteresting story and you say "boring" (luckily I did that in English, the person was like "what?" and I was like "never mind.")

I desperately want to be able to do that.

So do it. It feels good! I can see why Sherlock does it-- a great stress and frustration reliever.

You should see me when I watch the local and national evening news on TV. "Idiot! Moron! Oh, for god's sake! Dull, boring, predictable. Shut up!  Stupid-- stupid idea, whose idea was that? Just stop it....stop this!" lolololol  Luckily for anyone else in the room with me at the time, I keep most of those comments inside my own head.

I remember A Scandal in Bohemia the king says "What a woman! Oh, what a woman... Is it not a pity that she was not on my level?" and Sherlock says "From what I have seen of the lady she seems indeed to be on a very different level to your Majesty." he doesn't mince words with the king (who didn't get what he said at the time) lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 15, 2012 4:48 pm  #705

Caroll wrote:

Oh, you too! The day I watched "The Hound of Baskerville" was a wisdow teeth surgery day. I could barely laugh while my father was doing this loudly and ashamed looking at me. "Is that why you're calling yourself Greg?" "That's his name."

I still have "laughter issues"  with my cheek Glad your father enjoys Sherlock also 
Did you see it for the first time then? Was it on brazilian tv?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 15, 2012 6:37 pm  #706

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

you run past the menswear dep in a store and you notice this from the corner of your eye:
(...and take a photo and your colleague thinks you were crazy  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 15, 2012 6:38 pm  #707

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you buy a new TV and get excited because the model's called 221-B.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2012 6:49 pm  #708

SusiGo wrote:

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you buy a new TV and get excited because the model's called 221-B.

Really? How cool is that?

September 15, 2012 6:51 pm  #709

Well, it is part of a longer model number but of course I discovered it at once. To my son's dismay who know definitely thinks I'm crazy. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 15, 2012 7:07 pm  #710

SusiGo wrote:

Well, it is part of a longer model number but of course I discovered it at once. To my son's dismay who know definitely thinks I'm crazy. 

*smile* My boys are both men now, married, and one has two kids of his own, but back when they were teenagers and they got on my case about whatever my obsession du jour was, I'd laugh and say the same thing to them, "Oh, I'm crazy, am I? Well, you know what that makes you, don'tcha-- son of crazy woman."  Good for a laugh, anyway.

September 15, 2012 7:09 pm  #711

He's quite patient with me and really likes Sherlock and playing Yellow Car. Therefore it's not too bad. 

September 15, 2012 9:04 pm  #712

SusiGo wrote:

He's quite patient with me and really likes Sherlock and playing Yellow Car. Therefore it's not too bad. 

What is yellow car?

September 15, 2012 9:17 pm  #713

Sorry, I thought you knew this. It's from the BBC radio comedy "Cabin Pressure" in which Benedict plays an airline captain. It's brilliantly written and absolutely hilarious. You'll find a very comprehensive thread in the "Benedict's Non-Sherlock Work" section. In one episode they play a game in which you have to say Yellow Car when you see a yellow car. 

September 15, 2012 11:36 pm  #714

May I help? 
This may be not that funny when you don't know Cabin Pressure - but still....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 16, 2012 7:13 am  #715

Ah! Courtesy of John Finnemore. Bless his little cotton socks!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 16, 2012 10:59 am  #716

.... when you receive a letter from your local library reminding you of some overdue books and you wonder why you have forgotten them completely

September 16, 2012 11:13 am  #717

Mattlocked wrote:

.... when you receive a letter from your local library reminding you of some overdue books and you wonder why you have forgotten them completely

OMG, Mattlocked, I got my library letter yesterday! (Books? What books? I have all the cannon, why would I have gone to the library?) I hadn't opened even one of them, absolutely forgot.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 16, 2012 11:28 am  #718

NW16XE wrote:

Mattlocked wrote:

OMG, Mattlocked, I got my library letter yesterday! (Books? What books? I have all the cannon, why would I have gone to the library?) I hadn't opened even one of them, absolutely forgot.   

LOL
My letter came yesterday, too, actually.
Well, it's not our fault that none of them is Sherlock related in the slightest way...?!   
(I wonder why I took them, though... Have to have a closer look now.)

September 16, 2012 11:34 am  #719

I'm glad you posted that, actually, I had already forgot the one thing I absolutely have to do today is return those books. I've been distracted by my new series 1 DVD set...

Last edited by NW16XE (September 16, 2012 11:36 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

September 16, 2012 11:36 am  #720

NW16XE wrote:

I've been distacted by my new series 1 DVD set...

Now how on earth could this happen? 

Board footera