BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2012 3:53 am  #1

SherlockAbby shippers unite

Sherlock Holmes & Abby Sciuto are made for each other. The Atlantic Ocean is only a minor set back in getting them to come together.

September 15, 2012 9:07 am  #2

Re: SherlockAbby shippers unite

Abby who?!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 15, 2012 9:27 am  #3

Some character from NCIS? urg ;(

September 15, 2012 9:47 am  #4

See this is why I turn away from shipping things, anyone can say anything regardless of what is credible. I see nothing clever or interesting about that.  Kind of like bad graffiti in a public place.

An extreme extrovert like Abby & an introvert like Sherlock?
They both solves cases, that's about it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 15, 2012 10:01 am  #5

Eh? I don't get it...why would Sherlock be interested in her?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 15, 2012 10:18 am  #6

LOL !
Exactly, I love Abby in her own setting just as I love Sherlock in his.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

September 15, 2012 11:12 am  #7

saturnR wrote:

Sherlock Holmes & Abby Sciuto are made for each other. The Atlantic Ocean is only a minor set back in getting them to come together.

Okay, so what about Donovan and Snape? 

To me this is also too far away, sorry.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 15, 2012 11:45 am  #8

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Eh? I don't get it...why would Sherlock be interested in her?

I just thought it would be funny if they got together.

She actually has some similarities to him:

They are both usually the smartest person in the room.
They both have obsessive personalities: When Sherlock is working a case, he doesn't eat. Abby actually does the same thing but she will drink heaps of caffeinated drinks, where as Sherlock just lives off air. Sherlock will often work through the night, as does Abby.
They both prefer to work alone most of the time & operate outside the normal chain of command for their fields.
They are both extremely stubborn when they hold a particular view & they happen to believe that they are right.
They are both alarmingly loyal to people that they are close with. Sherlock just won't admit to it.
They both have an older mentor who is very close to them: Sherlock has Mrs Hudson; Abby has Gibbs.
They both like to have something to talk at: Sherlock has his skull; Abby has Bert the hippo.
They both have a habit of talking way too fast when they're trying to explain something to their colleagues: Sherlock's "deductions"; Abby's "explanations" which usually take place in her lab.
In terms of personality, they are not as different as they first appear: He is a high functioning sociopath (that's Emo in i-gen language) & she is your friendly neighbourhood Goth. While his approach is to be icy & hers is to make you feel all warm & fuzzy, they make it known almost immediately that they are not to be messed with.

In terms of what Sherlock would see in her, I think she would be more difficult to read. Not just visually - I know he usually does the once over with his eyes, but he's never satisfied until his hunches are confirmed by the respondent's reactions. He makes outrageous statements about them for this reason, to see how they would react. The thing with Abby, though, is that she doesn't react the way you would normally expect someone to react. She would probably be able to pull something unexpected for a response & that might just throw our very talented Sherlock off

Last edited by saturnR (September 15, 2012 11:54 am)

September 15, 2012 11:55 am  #9

Wow, Pauly would be dismayed at that character analysis of Abby.

Like anything, if you use enough words you can try to justify it's existence. In this case your own words are contradicting themselves though.
Warm & fuzzy coming across as ' don't mess with me'??

Another fault just at a glance : Mrs H is not a mentor figure - change that to read 'both have an older person in their lives who they are close to'. But then isn't that a vast majority of the population?
Loyal to people they are close to - most people are.
Have something to talk to - many people do, even killers.

List enough traits of people & you will find many who are 'similar' in some way; this doesn't make them good matches for each other however.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera