BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 5, 2018 1:54 pm  #1

Posting pictures

I have learned that Photobucket cannot be used as a source for posting Sherlock pictures.  Any pictures on that site that get posted here are always taken down.  What sources can be used for posting pictures, and what are the steps for doing so?

Last edited by kgreen20 (March 5, 2018 1:55 pm)

March 5, 2018 4:40 pm  #2

Re: Posting pictures

Yes, I had difficulties with Photobucket as well. I am using picr.de, a German website so it may not work for you. I hope someone will answer who knows a solution for US members. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 5, 2018 6:54 pm  #3

I think Imgur works, and is fairly easy to use (you don't need an account IIRC).  It's based in the US I think.  This isn't really my area, though, so hopefully somebody who knows more will have a better suggestion!

March 6, 2018 3:08 am  #4

So many on this forum post pictures, and I'd like to be able to, as well!  I'll have to check out this Imgur, whatever it is, and see if it is something I can set up an account on.  If it's free, it should be possible to do so.  Once I have an account set up and pictures uploaded, I may need instructions as to how to upload a picture onto here from that site.

Last edited by kgreen20 (March 6, 2018 3:10 am)

March 6, 2018 3:13 am  #5

Well, as of now, I've got it set up!  I've set up an account on Imgur, and posted a Sherlock picture there.  Now I need to know how to go about posting it here!  Do I use the image link, the direct link, the markdown link, the HTML link, the BBCode link, or the linked BBCode link?

March 6, 2018 8:03 am  #6

I would try the BBCode link first. This usually works for me. The one using the suffix IMG should be the right link. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 7, 2018 2:35 am  #7

OK.  I'll post a test picture on this thread first.  If it works, and the picture stays, I'll post another on the Sherlock/Benedict thread soon.

March 7, 2018 2:12 pm  #8

Yaayyy!!  It's still there!  Now to post a story on the Sherlock/Benedict thread.

March 8, 2018 10:28 pm  #9

That looks almost like my profile picture.

I have a question: Is this the only way to post pictures in this forum? By uploading it to another website and then using the link??

I would like to be able to share pictures directly from my hard drive with you. It would be a) much easier/quicker b) you wouldn't need a third party involved. Who k ows what they do with this stuff and how long the link will work...

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

March 9, 2018 2:41 am  #10

I'd like to be able to do that, too, but I don't know if the server for this forum is set up for that.  I reckon our friendly administrators can answer that question!

March 9, 2018 8:59 am  #11

I would love to help, but I'm the worst person to ask as I'm not very savvy with pictures and gifs and things!  I've looked at the forum features and FAQ, but can't find it anywhere there.  I have been on other forums where it's possible to upload pictures directly to the forum, but that doesn't seem to be a possibility here. 

Board footera