BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2018 10:17 pm  #61

Re: How would your perfect S5 look like?

She might get into some trouble, but not all teenagers who rebels who are constantly getting into trouble.
That could be an interesting plot for an episode. She gets in trouble and John thinks it's a big problem and feels torn between that and work, and then he gets back and find out that it wasn't something as big as he thought.
I don't know, maybe it's not that great, but it's a thought. Not saying I want it to happen, but it came to mind as something that could possibly happen.

Clueing for looks.

January 25, 2018 10:22 pm  #62

A co-worker of mine nearly gave me a heart attack today: she burst in saying: "Did you know there is a new season of Sherlock that just came out?"

WHAT???

Turns out, she was refering to a new season being released IN FRENCH (the fourth).

You can imagine how disapointed I felt!

January 26, 2018 7:28 am  #63

Oscar on the latter point, when you are in the fandom-you just know.
So I would just have immediately told them they were talking rubbish!
Yitzock, not only do I think you are probably right...it would probably also make for much more interesting TV!
I keep doing this lately: confusing my head canon with what the BBC Sherlock team might actually do, something I've always complained about others doing.
I think it's because there is no new Sherlock...we are all left to fill in the blanks.
I'm enjoying working on my fic...but jeez I feel it' reached new levels of naffness!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 26, 2018 6:03 pm  #64

Oscar1965 wrote:

A co-worker of mine nearly gave me a heart attack today: she burst in saying: "Did you know there is a new season of Sherlock that just came out?"

WHAT???

Turns out, she was refering to a new season being released IN FRENCH (the fourth).

You can imagine how disapointed I felt!

Oh I'm sorry for you!
And the poor French Shwelock fans... apparwntly they had to wait a year since the english release??? And I thought we German speaking people had unbearable bad luck. The German dub came out last June...

BUT, concerning series 5, listen what I just came across. I was searching for the tv schedule for this evening and I thought "oh look there is A Scndal in Belgravia this evening. Clicked on the description to read their review. I sometimes do that fir fun, because I find it interesting what official sites say about Sheelock episodes.
And principally the last few lines said that Benedict and Martin have sigened for series 5, but it is uncertain when it will air and that Moffat and Gatiss are planning Dracula series first.

I mean this sounds very promising, right? And the last thing I knew is that Ben and Martin haven't signed for series 5 because it is not sure whether there will be one. Or have I missed something, that they actually had signed "just in case"? This website is making it sound like there will be a series 5. It is a site I wouldn't trust to have access to the latest international news, but all the other stuff in this small article matches what we have heard (Dracula series, beginning of series 5 unknown...)

Here is the last bit in German, I underlined the important last bit. (=Cumberbatch and Freeman have signed for series 5. However, it is written in the stars when they will start filming. Sherlock creators Moffat and Mark Gatiss are planning a Dracula series first.)
[...] Freche Dialoge (Adler: „Sieh einer an, diese Wangenknochen. Da könnt ich mich ja schneiden, wenn ich dieses Gesicht schlage“) und raffinierter Plot machen die Episode aus der Feder von „Sherlock“-Vater Steven Moffat für viele Fans zum Höhepunkt der Reihe. Auch der Look, inklusive Lara Pulvers legendärem Nacktauftritt, ist exquisit. Cumberbatch und Freeman haben für Staffel fünf unterschrieben, deren Drehstart aber in den Sternen steht. Die „Sherlock“-Macher Moffat und Mark Gatiss planen jetzt erst einmal eine „Dracula“-Serie.

Here is the website if you are interested. But it is in German.

[url]http://www.tvspielfilm.de/tv-programm/sendung/sherlock-ein-skandal-in-belgravia,5a2a6347f033af317aaa136c.html[/url]

Last edited by Rache (January 26, 2018 6:22 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

January 26, 2018 10:10 pm  #65

Thank you very much, Rache, this is at least a bit of good news. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2018 8:07 am  #66

Possibly it depends on interpretation.
As far as I am aware, the BBC have given permission for a series 5. But I think to describe it as the actors having signed up for it, is a bit much.
Anyway, until we have a date, for me it is irrelevant.
I strongly expect to see my 60th birthday first, put it that way!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera