BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2018 7:10 pm  #1

The Alienist

Anyone going to watch this?  It just seems something that might appeal to our group. 

I remember reading the book when it first came out back in the 90's and enjoying it very much.

Watched a sneak peek of the first episode last night and it seems well done and caught my interest enough to want to see more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 25, 2018 3:20 pm  #2

Re: The Alienist

I don't think I've heard of it before.
Knowing what I'm going to be up to this semester, I don't think I'll have time to keep up with it. I also don't know if we get this channel at school or if I get the channel it's on at home, either. It sounds like an interesting premise, though.

Clueing for looks.

January 25, 2018 7:00 pm  #3

Thanks for posting. I remember reading the novel and liking it very much. Is it on Netflix?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 25, 2018 11:03 pm  #4

SusiGo wrote:

Thanks for posting. I remember reading the novel and liking it very much. Is it on Netflix?

Sorry Susi!!  No.  It just started airing on TNT here in the states.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 26, 2018 8:28 am  #5

Oh, then I shall have to wait for a DVD or something if it is good. Please tell me what you think.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 30, 2018 3:38 pm  #6

SusiGo wrote:

Oh, then I shall have to wait for a DVD or something if it is good. Please tell me what you think.

Oh, absolutely. 

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

January 30, 2018 8:06 pm  #7

I already saw some Tumblr posts shipping Daniel Brühl and another actor. 

Board footera