BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2018 5:52 pm  #41

Re: Patrick Melrose

I'm slowly getting more curious about it, myself. Was that a Lawrence of Arabia reference in the first scene of the trailer? I like that kind of uninterrupted take stuff. Reminds me of what a pleasure it is to watch his acting.
And it seems that Benedict is continuing in the tradition of roles that require him to run! lol

Clueing for looks.

January 4, 2018 8:45 pm  #42

Altho I gather I won't be able to see it: I don't have Sky Atlantic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2018 10:49 pm  #43

For me, I'm hoping that/wondering if the fact it was produced with Showtime means that it will air in North America through that channel. If not, just have to hope for a DVD release or appearance on Netflix farther down the road.

Clueing for looks.

January 5, 2018 9:08 am  #44

I love the trailer. And the Lawrence allusion! This seems to be another acting tour de force for him. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2018 11:17 pm  #45

Another even longer trailer. Looks very promising!
https://twitter.com/showtime/status/949763791088074752

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

January 8, 2018 2:35 pm  #46

I'm considering going to the library to borrow the books and read before watching this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 8, 2018 4:21 pm  #47

I would if I had the time, lol. These next few months I'll have other books to read for school, but come summer  break who knows.

I probably could have looked this up, but I'm not entirely certain what the time period for this is supposed to be. The cars seem fairly contemporary, but some of the fashion/costumes not so much.

Last edited by Yitzock (January 8, 2018 4:21 pm)

Clueing for looks.

January 8, 2018 6:46 pm  #48

Edward St. Aubyn was born in 1960 and the story covers his life from childhood to about 40. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 8, 2018 8:50 pm  #49

OK, cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Clueing for looks.

February 13, 2018 6:39 pm  #50

I've just realised that the director of this mini-series is German.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 16, 2018 3:43 pm  #51

Need to finish the last 2 books. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 8, 2018 4:34 pm  #52

Nice little interview with Ben.
He talks about both Melrose and The Child in Time.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2018/03/03/benedict-cumberbatch-from-sherlock-holmes-to-president.html

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 16, 2018 4:55 pm  #53

FINALLY!
A premiere date.   May 12th on Showtime.
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/benedict-cumberbatch-patrick-melrose-showtime-premiere-date-1202728326/

It will air in the UK on SkyOne the next day, May 13th.

Last edited by tonnaree (March 16, 2018 7:25 pm)

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 16, 2018 4:59 pm  #54

Yes, I am glad we finally have a date. And I will be home from university when it will be on! Yay!

Clueing for looks.

March 30, 2018 6:46 pm  #55

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 30, 2018 6:57 pm  #56

So wish I could see this...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 30, 2018 8:51 pm  #57

German article on this project:

https://www.presseportal.de/pm/33221/3903881

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 30, 2018 9:54 pm  #58

I am so happy that I got Sky Ticket to watch "House of Cards" and never cancelled the subscription. 

March 31, 2018 12:42 pm  #59

SusiGo wrote:

I am so happy that I got Sky Ticket to watch "House of Cards" and never cancelled the subscription. 

Oh, you are a lucky woman! 
Is it possible to watch Sky somehow (legally) even if you don´t have a ticket?

March 31, 2018 3:00 pm  #60

Extremely pleased to hear St. Aubyn was actually involved in the production.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera