BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 31, 2017 4:25 pm  #141

Re: The Extended Mind Palace/Dream Theory (contains spoilers)

The passport number of Gabrielle Ashdown aka Mary Watson is identical with the patent no. for heart monitors. 

https://monikakrasnorada.tumblr.com/post/164180831182/johnlockiseternal-belladonnaxy

Of course everything in the show may be coincidence. But Mofftiss have often enough stressed that they are not writing "warm paste" for unobservant viewers, so I tend to think this has to mean something. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 31, 2017 4:30 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 31, 2017 4:44 pm  #142

I think it might be a little joke on their part.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 1, 2017 7:32 pm  #143

SusiGo wrote:

The passport number of Gabrielle Ashdown aka Mary Watson is identical with the patent no. for heart monitors. 

https://monikakrasnorada.tumblr.com/post/164180831182/johnlockiseternal-belladonnaxy

Of course everything in the show may be coincidence. But Mofftiss have often enough stressed that they are not writing "warm paste" for unobservant viewers, so I tend to think this has to mean something. 

Coincidence? Nah... the possibility would be about 1:10 000 000
For ciphers from 0-9 to be the exact same in seven places. (If I still can calculate that right from maths^^)
Let it be a bit less, like uhm 1:9 000 000, if you want to rule out "strange" combinations like 9990000, 2233445, 3030303, 4111114 and so on, you know what I mean.

So all in all: not likely that it is coincidence.

Not sure it has a meaning though. Probably really just an inside joke.

But how amazing are some Sherlock fans??? How can you ever notice that!? :D

Last edited by Rache (November 1, 2017 7:34 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 1, 2017 7:38 pm  #144

Well, we have been trained by the best. 😉

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 2, 2017 5:45 pm  #145

I am not completely committed to EMP but the stuff is fascinating to read and I remain open-minded.  There's some fantastically weird stuff going on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 2, 2017 7:33 pm  #146

I think this is a good attitude, tonnaree. 

There is not one EMP theory but quite a lot of them. What I appreciate about this part of the fandom is the open-minded and friendly discussion that is going on there. And you are right, there are some pretty weird things going on that are hard to explain with sloppiness, forgetfulness, or lack of professionalism. 

December 28, 2017 10:35 pm  #147

I want to share this video with you, which I recently discovered.
It is great for all you EMP lovers out there. It really showed a lot of new aspects which I didn't realise before.
I don't insist on EMP as you may know, in fact I think as to where character development is concerned, it would be a shame if any of the episodes were mindpalace, but it is great fun to think about it nontheless

SusiGo, I think you will be intersted if you don't know it already. ;)

Last edited by Rache (December 28, 2017 10:41 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

December 29, 2017 2:42 pm  #148

I would love to watch it, Rache, but where is the video? 

December 30, 2017 7:31 pm  #149

whooops. Sorry, totally forgot the link. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-Zgd_xfBak&t=527s

- - -

Breathing is boring!

Board footera