BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 9, 2012 8:27 am  #681

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

KeepersPrice wrote:

7437 = SHER on my phone.  I like it!

Thank you :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Look I'm in shock, I have a blanket.

Holmesless until 2013

September 12, 2012 8:25 pm  #682

Telling random strangers you will burn them
have tried talking superrr fast like sherlock
trying to see but also observb people when you look at them
watching the episodes over and over again until you can eventually just say the lines along with the character. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look, I'm in shock, I have a blanket."
-- Sherlock

September 12, 2012 9:12 pm  #683

.. you watch Sherlock every time you catch it on TV although you you really hate the dubbed version and own the DVDs.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 12, 2012 11:07 pm  #684

You get your kitty a blue scarf and put it on JUST  like  Sherlock does!!!!   One of these days I'll take a pic!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

September 13, 2012 6:14 am  #685

Mattlocked wrote:

.. you watch Sherlock every time you catch it on TV although you you really hate the dubbed version and own the DVDs.

Ah, then I know how you spent your evening. Wasn't TBB on WDR? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 13, 2012 8:15 am  #686

Jepp. Nice surprise last night! And hubby was quite surprised when he came home and it was Sherlock again! But I stopped after a while, had to go to bed.
The broadcasting times here are still ridiculous! In the middle of the night in the middle of the week...... ts.....

Kitty, do you think a scarf helps? My tomcat has a terrible cold...

September 13, 2012 12:39 pm  #687

I made a blue scarf for my red dragon. I now have my very own Smauglock. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "It's this or Cluedo."
John: "Ah, no. We are never playing that again."
Sherlock: "Why not?"
John: "Because it's not actually possible for the victim to have done it, Sherlock!"

September 13, 2012 1:36 pm  #688

Ceto wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

When you hope a situation will one day arise where you will need to duck, and will be able to shout "Vatican Cameos!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlvKyY4BF-U&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL3F3FDBC1A89E9BE4 Who says that you have to wait for said situation... ( oh, and sorry for the link, i haven't really got the hang of how to post the video on here  )

OMG that was amazing! I understand them, I don't have sherlockian friends close  , but I've done something like that once, with potterheads friends

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 13, 2012 2:04 pm  #689

You know you're obsessed with Sherlck when...
Someone tells you an unisteresting story and you say "boring" (luckliy I did that in English, the person was like "what?" and I was like "never mind.")
You start calling your dog "hound"
You want to see all Benny and Martin videos you can find on youtube.
You try, unsuccessfully, to observe people around you.
You need a shock blanket to watch The Reichenbach Fall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.” HP and the Deathly Hallows

"Why's it always the hat photograph?"The Reichenbach Fall

September 13, 2012 5:13 pm  #690

… your son uses your laptop with the gorgeous Ben and Martin wallpaper and you wish he wouldn't open a programme to do his homework but keep the laptop just like this so you can watch and dream on 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 14, 2012 4:55 pm  #691

SusiGo wrote:

… your son uses your laptop with the gorgeous Ben and Martin wallpaper and you wish he wouldn't open a programme to do his homework but keep the laptop just like this so you can watch and dream on 

Good excuse for him!  Let's hope his teacher is sherlocked as well 

... when you rest on the sofa right after dental surgery, still drugged and drowsy from anaesthetics,
watching ASiB and feel a desire for a bed just flipping open
and someone to gently push you back into it after stumbling around
(but given the wound, you don't feel like stretching out already,
that's why you spend your day with Episode 1 und 2 -  and when they make great pain killers).
Better today!

Last edited by Harriet (September 14, 2012 4:58 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 14, 2012 4:59 pm  #692

Good idea Harriet, I will suggest that method to hubby - he's gona have a dental surgery next monday.  My suggestion will be completely unselfish of course! 

September 14, 2012 5:03 pm  #693

Your benevolence is unbounded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 14, 2012 5:11 pm  #694

... of course she could add something to chill the cheek. And sage tea works perfectly.
Good luck, Matt! 

Not episode, of course, season 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

September 14, 2012 8:02 pm  #695

Caroll wrote:

Someone tells you an unisteresting story and you say "boring" (luckliy I did that in English, the person was like "what?" and I was like "never mind.")

I desperately want to be able to do that.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 14, 2012 8:20 pm  #696

Banbha wrote:

Caroll wrote:

Someone tells you an uninteresting story and you say "boring" (luckily I did that in English, the person was like "what?" and I was like "never mind.")

I desperately want to be able to do that.

So do it. It feels good! I can see why Sherlock does it-- a great stress and frustration reliever.

You should see me when I watch the local and national evening news on TV. "Idiot! Moron! Oh, for god's sake! Dull, boring, predictable. Shut up!  Stupid-- stupid idea, whose idea was that? Just stop it....stop this!" lolololol  Luckily for anyone else in the room with me at the time, I keep most of those comments inside my own head.

September 14, 2012 8:28 pm  #697

ancientsgate wrote:

You should see me when I watch the local and national evening news on TV. "Idiot! Moron! Oh, for god's sake! Dull, boring, predictable. Shut up!  Stupid-- stupid idea, whose idea was that? Just stop it....stop this!" lolololol  Luckily for anyone else in the room with me at the time, I keep most of those comments inside my own head.

Agree. When I imitate Sherlock like that in english language it makes me also smile inside - another stress reliever.
Or "Thank you for your input" - heartfelt 
"Brilliant! Brilliant version of... " is also always good.

September 14, 2012 9:07 pm  #698

Harriet wrote:

ancientsgate wrote:

Agree. When I imitate Sherlock like that in english language it makes me also smile inside - another stress reliever.
Or "Thank you for your input" - heartfelt 
"Brilliant! Brilliant version of... " is also always good.

I used, "You felt like saying 'thank you for your input....' and then shut the door in their face," to my daughter in law the other day, when she told me that the guys who came to her home to lay her new kitchen tile told her they didn't like the color or design. lololol  My d-i-l just smiled and agreed, yeah, she should have said that.

September 14, 2012 9:29 pm  #699

I may as well do it; most people in my everyday life think I'm odd anyway. It probably won't even phase them.

***********************************************************************************************************************
In a world of locked rooms, the man with the key is king. And honey...you should see me in a crown...

September 14, 2012 11:20 pm  #700

You know you are obsessed when you are facing a formal reprimand at work and decide your PSoS is appropriate attire for that. (Must be my lucky shirt-- it was downgraded to an informal reprimand [yes, I absolutely deserved it] and it quit raining by lunchtime. )

Last edited by NW16XE (September 14, 2012 11:20 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

Board footera