BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 2, 2017 11:49 pm  #1

Miss Sherlock

Just saw a post on Tumblr that there is a new Japanese 8-part series about a female Sherlock Holmes coming out in 2018 called Miss Sherlock. Here's the short trailer.

It looks like it might be good. It annoys me a little bit that the trailer calls her the "most beautiful Sherlock ever," since I know it's because she's a woman that they are saying that at all. But that's the only thing that I don't like from this very short teaser.

Clueing for looks.

December 3, 2017 8:56 am  #2

Re: Miss Sherlock

She looks quite young - I wonder if they're doing another "Sherlock Begins" story, like Moftiss?  I'm getting an itching to see an middle-aged Holmes as there seems to have been a focus recently on an older or younger Holmes.  But there's always room for another interpretation! 

(I looked up the actress and she's 37, so a little bit older than Benedict was in S1).

December 3, 2017 11:06 am  #3

Beautiful look. And I see a distinct inspiration by BBC Sherlock. Could be interesting to see a Japanese Femlock adaptation. I think I would give it a try if it becomes available. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 3, 2017 11:31 am  #4

Hahaha, manga dreams come true!

Quite sexist adaptation, made by men, I suggest. They let her play the cello - of course, because you have to spread your legs for it. Dusgusting.

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

December 3, 2017 3:10 pm  #5

Or they just thought it would be good to have an adaptation that doesn't copy the violin playing from the original stories? It didn't seem to me that the cello playing was framed in a particularly sexual way.

Clueing for looks.

December 7, 2017 7:11 am  #6

Allow me to have my own opinion in this very case.
I do not like in general the sexualized idea of Holmes/Watson relationship. You do not have to sleep with your best friend. Imho.

Men should be what they seem, 
Or those that be not, would they might seem none!

December 7, 2017 7:29 am  #7

Hmmm, I love both Japanese setting and Sherlock stories so I will definitely watch it when this comes out. Looks quite interesting.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 7, 2017 1:24 pm  #8

Classic Sherlock "finger-steeple"... cool!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 7, 2017 1:30 pm  #9

This can be a shameless baiting, but somehow I am not at all bothered by it.

December 7, 2017 4:49 pm  #10

It looks to me more like Sherlock is smelling someone to get clues of some sort, and therefore sort of moving into that character's personal space. Obviously we don't know what the relationship is, and whether there's anything else to it, so I can't really comment on it. It certainly could be interpreted as many things, and even if it's different in the context of the episode, a trailer is supposed to get people's attention.

Clueing for looks.

March 2, 2018 9:00 am  #11

Some new photos from this project. Already excited about this!

March 2, 2018 9:02 am  #12

And some promo pics (or very nice fanart?):

March 2, 2018 9:03 am  #13

March 2, 2018 10:34 am  #14

I like the gif where they're walking up the steps. 

March 26, 2018 12:53 pm  #15

And the premiere of this interesting project is near us! Very excited!

http://hboasia.com/HBO/en-ph/shows/miss-sherlock/

March 26, 2018 3:42 pm  #16

I'm just hoping I'll be able to watch it here in the UK on the services I already pay for.   Does anyone know if it will be aired on Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc? 

Also wondering if "buddy?" is hinting that they are going to go for Johnlock with this one?

March 26, 2018 5:35 pm  #17

I know that HBO has streaming rights for all its programming, so I'm pretty sure it won't be on Netflix unless they somehow get a deal (which I doubt at this point, I don't think I've ever seen any HBO series on Netflix). Amazon Prime, I don't know about that. 
You might be able to set up a free trial for HBO streaming and watch all the episodes once they're all out, but I don't know about the availability of that in countries other than Canada and US.

Last edited by Yitzock (March 26, 2018 6:32 pm)

Clueing for looks.

March 26, 2018 6:29 pm  #18

Thank you!  It does look as if Now TV (Sky) sometimes show HBO shows. 

March 27, 2018 10:45 pm  #19

March 28, 2018 2:21 pm  #20

Interesting rose motif.
Also, did you notice the wallpaper?

Clueing for looks.

Board footera