BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 22, 2017 9:44 pm  #1

What does Soo Lin say to her brother?

I wonder if someone found out what Soo Lin has said to her brother in Chinese/Mandarin (or whatever it is) right before she was killed?

Some people here who understand this language?

If I had to guess, I would say she said something like: There we are, but I still can't help you, brother...

Last edited by Rache (November 22, 2017 9:52 pm)

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

November 22, 2017 9:53 pm  #2

Re: What does Soo Lin say to her brother?

I thought she told him she loved him...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 24, 2017 12:11 am  #3

Yeah I have of course thought about that possibility.
But Im not so sure she wozld really say that. I got the impression that she likes him somehow, but is sad he is under the command of Shan. I hink she hatea it that her past is catching up with her in form of her brother. She wanted to start a new life in London and probably thought it would be better if she didn't see her brother ever again.

I think it is quite possivle she says something compassionate, but not directly I love you.

Do you know what would be amazing? :D If she said "Goodbye, brother  (mine)."

- - -

Breathing is boring!

English isn't my first language, feel free to correct me via PM!

December 10, 2017 1:07 pm  #4

She says, "Liang [that's his name] ... Big brother ... please."

It's (mostly) Cantonese and was translated for the transcript by a Cantonese speaker.  I say 'mostly,' because the translator said that it was actually a mixture of Cantonese and Mandorin.  Apparently the person who provided the words to the show isn't a native speaker.

Board footera